No. 2 Cap Chin Strap

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by SupaSkin, Nov 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need a chin strap for a No 2 Dress Cap and ws wondering if anone had one lying around that they would be will to sell(or give :D ).
    Thanks for any replies

PS. i need it for Rememberance Sunday
  2. The QM should have them. Otherwise find a biff and nick theirs.
  3. First off, its a No1 hat, commonly known as a Forrage Cap or tw*t hat!

As cable_ties said, go to the QM's you nobber :x
  4. Cadets dont have a QM ffs and i aint no nobber.
    But thanks for your inteligent input. :)
  5. It's don't, and FFS not dont and ffs. Capitalise the I and put another ' in the aint. Double negative on the ain't no! Yes you are really a nobber (what is a nobber by the way?).

You are obviously thanking him for his inteligent input when you have very little yourself.

As the man said, it's a Number 1 dress hat, not Number 2. The chin strap normally comes with it. If you are a cadet, what the feck are you doing wearing it if you did not get issued it... tit.
  6. Thanks for the lesson in puctuation and grammer Redshaggydog. To answer you're question; "Nobber" is a village in north County Meath in the Republic of Ireland, but the definition I was referering to can be found at the following link:

And just to put you straight, the correct spelling of inteligent is intelligent. So if you live in a glass house, don’t throw stones! :D
  7. Your welcome, and before I am sentenced, hung drawn and quartered, it was a typo not a spelling mistake.
  8. Yeh! yeh! of course it was mate!! :pc:
  9. And shouldn't there be a comma between hung and drawn? :D
  10. I thought cadet officers got an allowance to purchase their service dress uniforms. If you are not an officer but an instr rather than a cadet then you should be able to get a replacement (though it will have to be paid for - since loss is not fair wear and tear) you should use whatever system you have that acts in lieu of a QM. I know ACFs do have QMs.

May I suggest if you are desparate, that you go to your nearest regimental clothing shop (regular) they may havea secondhand hat you could buy.
  11. I am definately not your mate. No, no comma required. I don't like the pause.

12. Do you have the buttons that hold the chin strap in place on your hat, or are you missing them as well?

If you are a cadet, you could probably get away with not having the chin strap fitted, I doubt anyone would notice, however, if it is for a Remembrance Parade, you will need the buttons fitted in order to wear your poppy.

13. It's a bitch getting caught out like that, ain't it ?
  14. Did I miss something here? Was I supposed to know he was a cadet?

Tell you what sunshine, I'll get my chicken bones out next time. :roll:
  15. Oooh! are we tired?

The gruesome form of torture you referred to is actually three separate acts, so therefore should include a comma to break up each. And if I wanted to be **** about it, the correct name is hanged, drawn and quartered. :shaking: