No 10 response to Grays Lane petition

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by woopert, Oct 5, 2007.

?
  1. Yes - Typical backsliders, woudn't know the meaning of the word "Covenant" if it kick

86.8%
  2. No - New Liarbour are the saviours of the people, and honour our servicemen with the Covenant. I als

13.2%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Did anyone else who signed the petition and get an automated email linking to the Government's response feel as underwhelmed as I did at Des Browne's comment:

Thanks for all you support there Gord. Glad to know New Liarbour are still keeping up their end of the "Covenant".

2. They wouldn't have known fcuk all about it if it wasn't for the stirling work that started on this site. Fcuking hypocrites.

I tried to fit a few more fcuks into that but ran out of steam!

3. Sorry woops, but I actually am from the Planet Tharg.

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

By providing a steady stream of new victims??

What a self opinionated tosser!

5. :lol:

Then look what the Government do to support SSAFA at the same time.
    As JD pointed out, Fcuking hypocrites

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=78501.html

6. Got the email and thought Wow this will be good. Was it? No shit

7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

This gobment did precisely fcuk all on behalf of SAFFA during the Greys Lane issue, to the point of refusing to allow ministers to coment either one way or another, and most MP's refused to comment either.

'The Gobment will continue to work with SAFFA'!!!! Like fcuk it will, and even if they do, it will only be to ensure that it is SAFFA that uses its charity funding for work that the gobment refuses to pay for.

fcuking hypocritical, lying, cheating, lazy, commie, scum, filth. Don't misunderstand me on this, I don't like the fcukers.

8. I translate this a little differently.

"The Government will allow charities to support our troops so that we may be removed from the responsibilities of a caring government and allow the good citizens of the UK to dig into their own pockets to fund such worth while causes" :x

9. Yet more toss from a disgusting spinless government.

10. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Though to be fair for just one minute, let's not forget the stirling work that Chris Grayling MP did with his mates down at the Golf Club to kill the issue with silence, not to mention his vociferous complaints of "you mis-quoted me" in the leaflet "what I meant to say was...ummmm....ermmmm...."

11. My mother opened the email this afternoon.

She thought 'oh an email from downing street, very nice!'
    After reading it her words were, and i quote :
    'The lousy, dirty, evil, squirming sh*tbags'

...Not bad for a 67 year old church goer !!
    :D

12. How will the Govt continue working with SSAFA by actually giving SSAFA the money for Grays Lane, a facility they should have had operational in the first place? I WANT THAT ELECTION. I WANT THIS GOVT GONE.

13. I'm still looking for the sentence that reads:

Has anyone found it yet?

14. Ooooo, my e mail just arrived, thoughtful of them eh.