No 10 Petitions - getting silly

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sniper_bob, Feb 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/juggle/

As much as I'd like to see Bliar forced to stand on his head and juggle ice-cream, all this does is prove what a waste of time and resource this initiative has been. The snivelling little sh*t has no intention of taking any public concern seriously, so mock the system and register your vote (if more than 5 million register for this, you just never know!).

2. Signed it. Mickey Mouse has given his full support! :headbang:

3. Splendid!

I'm going to start a petition against the starting of silly petitions...

B-T

4. 3,882 signatures to date! Lines open till 16 August 07.

5. I've just checked out the 'closed petitions' list.

The petition:

gained a grand total of only 691 votes, while the petition:

got 11026 votes!

Nice to know what's considered important in this country...

B-T

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

3,880 signatures as well.
    Get enough & he might do it in Parliament Square as part of his 'Farewell Tour'

7. The petitions dont mean sh1t. The pay as you go road mileage tax thing got 1.6 million votes against but the goverment are still going ahead with it. W@nkers. :pissedoff:

8. SO HOW MANY OF YOU RECEIVED THE EMAIL FROM MR BLURT AS I DID..

GOVERMENTS WONDER WHY THE PEOPLES REVOLT AGAINST THEM..

9. Yer l did.... If he wants more people off the road, how about lowering public transport ticket prices and making them more reliable.

10. Angry from cheltenhamshire has not received the sniveling e-mail yet!

11. the shame is that this joke petition has got more signettures than some of the ones about rasing the standard of accom in the forces or stopping cutbacks etc.

12. i got the road petition email reply,what a waste of space doing that

the email is just a joke and basically saying"we hear you but fuck off"

13. What about ...

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Legalise Otter clubbing.

There are currently just under 1000 Otter's in the UK, if we act now we could have the entire population wiped out within weeks! For too long Otter's have strutted around on both land and water openly mocking the freedom's that aren't afforded to Seal's. For too long Otter's have openly polluted our rivers with litter. If we act now by this time next year beautiful Otter fur coats can adourn the aisles of our favourite high street fashion outlets.

or the

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to nip round this weekend and give me a hand put me new windows in and paint the bog.

You really need to meet more members of the public and this would be an ideal oportunity to do so. i'll supply the beer and pizzas just bring yer overalls and pick up a can of expanding foam from B&Q on yer way here.

14. If you manage to get 1000 signitures on a petition you can walk into the commons (after being strip searched and fingered by the coppers on duty) place the petition in one of the pouches in the back of the speakers chair and apparently by law the house has to debate it. As has been stated in a recent post petitions don't achieve sh1t. In reality they probably just shred them. The entire population should withhold our taxes to stop thes b4st4rds wasting and mismanaging our hard earned wages. Unfortunately I suspect the average civvy doesn't have the resolve to see this kind of action through.