No 10 petitions- a wasted resource?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by datumhead, May 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A typical Bliar gimmick and a complete waste of time and effort.

The grinning spiv pays no attention to Parliment, so who imagines he will pay any attention to these mainly pathetic 'petitions'.
  2. An accurate observation. Remember the petition signed by nearly two million people protesting against road pricing? Remember the media coverage of it?

They appear to have ignored the petition and it now seems likely that 'pay-as-you-go' driving will, in fact, be introduced:,,2084132,00.html
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Completely agree. You THINK that your vote on these petitions might sway opinions or policy, but it does not such thing.

The responses are always belated and cr@p and do nothing to address the issues raised.
  4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I agree that that the Blur tribe have completely devalued the point of petitions and that through lack of moderation by those responsible for the No 10 petition site they have managed to erode their support as is shown in comments made by those more worthy than I on the pages of arrse.

However some petitions along with other methods of support have resulted in actions (example below) and hopefully something will come of it.

I strongly believe our present bunch of politicians would prefer us all to have the same jaundice view as expressed here and we will eventually leave them alone to do exactly what they want.

Forces Housing
  5. I have been saying this site is a total waste of time for ages now. The thing is it is even intruding on my arrse time. Mods can we get all references to this TOTAL waste of time deleted and just ignore it?
  6. Anyone who thinks that they will achieve anything by signing a No 10 petition is sadly deluded, and can be chalked up as yet another triumph for the Ministry of Truth.

What have they managed to do to this country in only 10 years? I could cry.
  7. I agree. What little trust I have in MPs who are, almost exclusively, self-centred hypocrites, erodes still further. They are meant to be representatives of the people yet refuse to listen to the very people who elected them. I was, for a single flippant moment, going to suggest someone enters a petition suggesting that the government actually takes note of petitions (well, the sensible ones anyway) ... but what's the point.