No. 1 Uniform

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by nelix, May 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can anyone help me? i am aware that there is no No.1 dress uniform for male QAs but want to find out my options for my impending wedding

2. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If there is no No 1 Dress for male QAs I've seen some bloody butch women wearing other people No1 dress with QA badges all over them.

I think you'll find that QA females are not suppossed to wear No1 without permission (They are supposed to wear the grey ward dress with medals etc) QA men (are they men?) can wear No 1 like other normal men. But if in doubt ask your adj or RSM for permission - then you are bullet proof...

3. I have a (ahem) mate who wore no 1 dress for his wedding. He borrowed it from the tailors at Arborfield and it cost him about £20 for the week. This included the tailoring and badges etc. He did not get permission but several senior QA officers have seen his wedding photo album and did not rip his nuts off. He looked the dogs b0llocks but he was a handsom guy to start with. PM me if you want details.

4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Is it your wedding? If so hearty congrats! Please ignore my rude comments above, some of my best friends are male QA's, no really...really.

If its your wedding why don't you go for Service Dress or No2 Dress. This has many advantages:

1. In khaki you will look like soldiers;
    2. There is a good chance it will fit you;
    3. You guests will all have No2/SD;
    4. You won't have the expence of and arrse of hiring No1/Blues.

If its someone elses wedding then you should, of course, wear whatever they have asked you to wear.

5. I have precious few mates coz I'm a loan wolf...however a mate of mine (Ahem !!) got a set of numer 1's from Keogh if you ask at the museum the chap there deals with it I think it was 15 or 20 quid but I cant remember what my "mate" told me. No senior QA officers have ever or will ever see his wedding pictures as he is not a crawly bum lick wot invites em round to his gaff for tea and crumpets ! ;)

6. I have precious few mates coz I'm a loan wolf...however a mate of mine (Ahem !!) got a set of numer 1's from Keogh if you ask at the museum the chap there deals with it I think it was 15 or 20 quid but I cant remember what my "mate" told me. No senior QA officers have ever or will ever see his wedding pictures as he is not a crawly bum lick wot invites em round to his gaff for tea and crumpets ! ;)

7. I resemble that remark....

It was my mates wife wot showed the senior officers the photos.

And I never ever ever ever give away my crumptes (and neither does my mate) :D

8. A colleague of mine is in the same situation you are in. Keogh do not have any QA No.1's they only do RAMC with QA buttons on. :evil: He has gone out and had is own made up for about £400 including tailering and medal mounting. They look extreamly good.

Don't forget, on the big day itself you are promoted up a rank! :lol:

I'll PM you the details of where he got them done when i see him next

Worm

10. Feel free to correct me but I'm sure that you can only do that if you have no rank. :?

11. So what do QA No 1's look like ?? as oppossed to the Midnight Blue ones as used by everyone else (I appreciate the RAMC ones have a maroon ? stripe on the trousers .....dont they ?)

Tell me they arnt grey please !!!!

12. A grey whale has been skinned to produce the QA number 1 dress. For senior officers, 2 grey whales have been skinned :wink:

13. i will try and get a photo on but basically the differance is that the trousers have the QA red strip down the leg (like the others) but it has a central grey stripe as well. Jacket has the same red piping on the epelpts.

Worm

14. You're definitely wrong there mate! Other ranks (Noyt sure about the officer type crumpet dwelers) are allowed to get married if they are marrying in 1's or 2's! It stems from the days when all your mates were the same rank as you, so in order for the Groom not to be upstaged on his weding day, he was allowed to be a rank higher than his guests! Er, here endeth the lesson Amen!

15. So what happens if your guest is a General? Are you made Field Marshal for the day :?