No. 1 Uniform Hire

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Chalky, Apr 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My brother is getting married and has asked me to be his best man.

Delighted, says I, but he wants me to be in dress 1s.

Coming from a military family, everyone else there is going to be shined up to the nines and I'd be quite happy to join them, but I've no idea where to hire some from or indeed if it's possible.

Anybody have any ideas? Help would be appreciated.
  2. Whats the regiment?

Surely your QM must be aquainted with someone in the know about that kind of thing?
  3. Speak to your CQMS/SQMS and ask them to order some for you. I got married in 1's and all I needed to do was make a trip to HQ Coy
  4. I bought mine for when I got married, had a tailor make them who do mess kits etc. You'll find loads of ads in the back of the Soldier Mag.
  5. One eBay seller is flogging a tunic, another has the trousers. Total less than £12 plus postage. Perhaps they'll fit?
  6. I Bought mine from Costellos in Ilford. But he will come to you to measure etc. if you ask nicely.
  7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Hire from Glover & Riding in Aldershot/Bulford at approx £100 for weekend, including alterations, rank medal ribbons etc.
  8. are TA soldiers allowed to wear number 1's?
  9. With permission, yes.
  10. Hi, Robbo9.

Why wouldn't they be ?

I'm TA, and I regularly wear 1's for ceremonials.

Best Regards,

11. not sure, just not issued them, so didnt know , sorry
  12. Hi Robbo9,

No Worries, :)

(perhaps that came across a little sharp, tone is difficult to judge in e-mails)

I am issued them, but then I do a lot of ceremonials, maybe 25 or more a year.

Best Regards,

13. Thanks for all the info, gents. I am snufling a number of suggested leads that may deliver some.

Much obliged :)
  14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Many Regt/Corps have officer's shops that hire out blues. The kit they have is usually stuff thats been left there by retired types so you take pot luck on size, but they are a bllody site cheaper than commercial companies. Your PSAO should have the gen on this.