No 1 dress

Right, i know this ones been done before and I have read the threads but please bear with me.

I'm getting married in August in Scotland and I'm looking for some where to rent No 1 dress.

My main problem is that the Bn, in their wisdom, decided I would like to stay in Canada till August which will leave me with maybe a week to get a Uniform. I don't really have time to travel to Aldershot, get measured up and all that fun, so does anyone know a place in scotland where I could get No1 dress ?

Get a set made from them out of Soldier mag, phone/email your measurements, sorted. Costs abit but who gives a shit. Worth the money if you want to look smart.

E

EScotia

Right, i know this ones been done before and I have read the threads but please bear with me.

I'm getting married in August in Scotland and I'm looking for some where to rent No 1 dress.

My main problem is that the Bn, in their wisdom, decided I would like to stay in Canada till August which will leave me with maybe a week to get a Uniform. I don't really have time to travel to Aldershot, get measured up and all that fun, so does anyone know a place in scotland where I could get No1 dress ?
Where in Scotland?

Just get a set from Michael J Tailors.

I left it last minute for my wedding. Phoned em up, they already had my measurements because I got my mess dress from em. Think I paid about £400 and had it a week later. Then just pay £30 a month.

Feck me, £400? Surely a call to the Tailors in Arborfield with your sizes and even a taxi down and back would be less than £400!

Never had a problem with em, mess dress and number ones and several mess shirt replacements. Always on time, good quality, fair price n I paid peanuts a month.

When I got hitched in Germany, I had a local tailor take the appropriate measurements, sent them to the Corps dress agency and hired a jacket that fitted quite well. It cost about £50.
I didn't bother when I got un-hitched.