No 1 dress

Discussion in 'REME' started by REMEbeertoken, Mar 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, i know this ones been done before and I have read the threads but please bear with me.

I'm getting married in August in Scotland and I'm looking for some where to rent No 1 dress.

My main problem is that the Bn, in their wisdom, decided I would like to stay in Canada till August which will leave me with maybe a week to get a Uniform. I don't really have time to travel to Aldershot, get measured up and all that fun, so does anyone know a place in scotland where I could get No1 dress ?
  2. Get a set made from them out of Soldier mag, phone/email your measurements, sorted. Costs abit but who gives a shit. Worth the money if you want to look smart.
  3. Where in Scotland?
  4. Just get a set from Michael J Tailors.

I left it last minute for my wedding. Phoned em up, they already had my measurements because I got my mess dress from em. Think I paid about £400 and had it a week later. Then just pay £30 a month.

5. Stirling
  6. Michael Jay Tailors that's the one, I used them and they were pretty good. Cost me £400 for a set of ones.
  7. Feck me, £400? Surely a call to the Tailors in Arborfield with your sizes and even a taxi down and back would be less than £400!
  8. Michael Jays are a bunch of tossers...FACT. Most of our camp won't use them for that above reason, amongst others.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  9. Never had a problem with em, mess dress and number ones and several mess shirt replacements. Always on time, good quality, fair price n I paid peanuts a month.
  10. When I got hitched in Germany, I had a local tailor take the appropriate measurements, sent them to the Corps dress agency and hired a jacket that fitted quite well. It cost about £50.
    I didn't bother when I got un-hitched.