No.1 Dress insignia

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by woolley84, Nov 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where I can get hold of the correct rank insignia for the corps No.1 dress being the gold on cypress green backing?
  2. try google and search for Intelligence Corps official tailors and give them a phone, doesn't take the brains of an Op MI..........
  3. Why not get them from stores?

8455-99-974-0128 1 stripe
    8455-99-974-0129 2 stripes
    8455-99-974-0130 3 stripes
  4. I picked up dress pips and crowns as well as OD ranks on epaulette slides, all off Ebay believe it or not! Got original cap badges, both KC and QC, Officers' and OR's and even got my hands on a good example of the old forage cap, all from the same source! Other than that there are loads of sites who will supply virtually everything you need. If you still have problems locating what you want drop me a line and I'll see what I can dig up for you.
  5. If not from the Corps Sources - try the old Royal Army Dental Corps (RADC), they had the same old forage cap as us and I believe there was a similarity in rank badges for No 1 Dress.
  6. RADC certainly had the navy and green forage cap but I've never had to compare No1 Dress rank insignia so can't say.