Nissan X-Trail 2.2 Di Sport 5dr 2003

B42T

LE
Right men, need some advice, I have a Great Dane and my Panda (dont laugh for 7 grand brand new for me missus for work its a no brainer) and my Micra aint cutting it obviously.
So all I want is cheap bigger car and tbf bigger than what we have isnt hard, so I can get a Nissan X trail 2.2 Di Sport 2003 in good nick for 950 squid. It would be used for myself for commuting and to move the beast.
Im no car guru but Im not an idiot either(well some may say different) but is this reasonable or not?
It comes with 12 months MOT and tbf is in superb nick, but Im a tight bastard and hate parting with dosh, will it implode on day 1 or will it last me 2 years? which is my main aim.
Thanks for informative replies and the shit that comes with owning a Panda although its brill. :grin:

Right men, need some advice, I have a Great Dane and my Panda (dont laugh for 7 grand brand new for me missus for work its a no brainer) and my Micra aint cutting it obviously.
So all I want is cheap bigger car and tbf bigger than what we have isnt hard, so I can get a Nissan X trail 2.2 Di Sport 2003 in good nick for 950 squid. It would be used for myself for commuting and to move the beast.
Im no car guru but Im not an idiot either(well some may say different) but is this reasonable or not?
It comes with 12 months MOT and tbf is in superb nick, but Im a tight bastard and hate parting with dosh, will it implode on day 1 or will it last me 2 years? which is my main aim.
Thanks for informative replies and the shit that comes with owning a Panda although its brill. :grin:
Have you tried parkers?
They give top tips on what to loook for when buying used
Nissan X-Trail Station Wagon (from 2001) used prices | Parkers

As standard, double check any rust underneath and is there a diesel engine issue about to screw you? I.e CAT, emissions or technical problem?

neil82

Clanker
some had problems with the timing chains, regular oil changes are a must, intercoolers leak and the sliderpins for the rear brake callipers sieze up for fun otherwise just look out for the usual

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I had an 07 Pathfinder (X Trails big brother) and it was fantastic.

Lots of people on my shoot running older X Trails with no probs at all. And these people are properly using them for towing, off-roading, carting dogs around etc.

The proof is in the pudding, you still see loads of these knocking around. They are very good.

As mentioned above, timing chain was an issue on this engine so thorough service history is a must.

Infinitely better than a Freelander of the same age.

neil82

Clanker
I had an 07 Pathfinder (X Trails big brother) and it was fantastic.

Lots of people on my shoot running older X Trails with no probs at all. And these people are properly using them for towing, off-roading, carting dogs around etc.

The proof is in the pudding, you still see loads of these knocking around. They are very good.

As mentioned above, timing chain was an issue on this engine so thorough service history is a must.

Infinitely better than a Freelander of the same age.
early pathfinders and pick ups had clutch problems, both suffer from tinfoil chassis syndrome, shame there`s no way of grafting Nissan running gear onto a L/R chassis, might be a winner if someone puts a kit together

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
early pathfinders and pick ups had clutch problems, both suffer from tinfoil chassis syndrome, shame there`s no way of grafting Nissan running gear onto a L/R chassis, might be a winner if someone puts a kit together
Nah, Landy chassis just rust away completely.

A Pathfinder built on a beefed up galv chassis would be a hell of a machine.

Although the Aussies made a nice job of putting Isuzu motors in their Landy fleet.

I wouldn’t mind a Perentie for taking the sprogs to school.

04C0BB12-2280-4111-96DC-B143CC89542E.jpeg

B42T

LE
Thanks for the replies men, I have been persuaded to part company with 4500 squid for a 2009 version with 2.0cdi engine. It is top of the range model with every whistle etc on it including leather upholstery. It has full Nissan service history and after suffering the misery of the M62 today I'm impressed. I only hope it lives up to my expectations.
ps the things huge and comes with spare full size tyre. Pain parking mind after 5yrs of driving small cars

Thanks for the replies men, I have been persuaded to part company with 4500 squid for a 2009 version with 2.0cdi engine. It is top of the range model with every whistle etc on it including leather upholstery. It has full Nissan service history and after suffering the misery of the M62 today I'm impressed. I only hope it lives up to my expectations.
ps the things huge and comes with spare full size tyre. Pain parking mind after 5yrs of driving small cars
Just do what the rest of the big car drivers do and take up two spaces :D

B42T

LE
Also meant to add I was always thinking what a weirdo my neighbour was as he always parks his VW golioth thing on road and not on driveway. Until I tried to drive mine in. It would fit but it would be a tight squeeze so I wimped out.
I must be turning gay in my old age :mad:

Also meant to add I was always thinking what a weirdo my neighbour was as he always parks his VW golioth thing on road and not on driveway. Until I tried to drive mine in. It would fit but it would be a tight squeeze so I wimped out.
I must be turning gay in my old age :mad:
Go on a diet.;)

Make sure you give it a good run to clear the DPF off.
IIRC clogging DPFs was a problem on the 2.0

hicky

Old-Salt
Ms has one. Its a great car, a friend has one and has abused it until he sold it at 190k miles.It drinks fuels though compared to my xc70 d5.

Latest Threads