Nissan Manufacturing UK

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Cable_Ties, Aug 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been offered a position as a maintenance tech (electrical). Anybody with experience of the company, good or bad?
  2. Hello C T! I have sent this link to a mate of mine on FB as he works (little bit higher up in their food chain and he's ex RE) so hopefully he might post a reply directly or through me!
  3. They make huts, apparently. According to far too many on this site.
  4. I have experience connected with Toyota and another company that makes wiring looms. If they were indicative of other Japanese companies then if you work on initiative and believe in merit then you may struggle to get along.
    Japanese don't like being told what to do by anyone younger or not Japanese regardless of what you have to say. You will be given a set of (albeit) very comprehensive instructions, however, step outside them boundaries and watch them go all Changi on your arse.
    Japanese management love hierarchy based on age so it's pot luck if your boss is good or bad. Just my experience others may vary.
  5. Thanks for the comments so far. Especially the one concerning Huts!

Thanks Treborre, I'd be interested to hear what he has to say. I'm definitely going to take them up on the offer though. Currently working for non-technical civvies in a technical environment is like being posted to BATUS when Bn's started doing WRP.
  6. They've got a factory in Washington, Tyne and Wear. I started a course at Gateshead College's Nissan campus to get a job with them, or one of the firms in their supply chain. I quit after a week to start the job I currently do.
  7. Worked at Nissan,Honda and Toyota as a contractor when they were setting up. Every one was different. Honda was excellent and i still kick myself for not taking up a job offer there. Nissan were quite good and remember a leaving party at a pub for the Japanese shop floor workers going back. A lot were crying genuinely they loved it here. Toyota were a bunch of twonts.