Nipple chafing, issue t-shirt

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by grotbag, Jun 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone else suffer the horrific, inhumane, torture of nipple chafing from the issue brown shirt? I thought the dark times were behind me when today I went for a 5 miler only to find half way through it felt as though someone had grated both nipples off with a rusty scouring pad.

Am I the only one who finds that issue green/brown shirt tears nipps to shreds after you get a sweat on? If so, can anyone recommend an alternative that will pass for issue on inspection?

2. Nipple tassles. Job jobbed.

3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

you make I laugh. Man up and enjoy it.

4. You on about the coolmax ones? Or are they cotton-based.

I have one with a embroidered logo on which turns my nipple into a cherry, however the coolmax ones give me some nice respite from that. Make use of some vaseline ;)

5. Tape your nipples, they will hurt less

6. Get your nipples removed, you don't need them, do you?

7. Cotton wool taped down with surgical tape should do it. Might hurt a bit when you pull it off if you have hairy nipples though 8O

8. Pararegtom

That from experience Kp x

9. I'm talking about the grim and nasty issue brown ones. Haven't worn one for a while and today realised why. Pretty sure the're synthetic. The idea of taping nipples up sounds far too much like a rough night in Hull!

10. The tape pulling off bit, no PRT :D

11. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Tit tape, as stated above. Works for the burds.

12. Well, long distance and marathon runners (not the same thing, for some reason) swear by using tape over the nipples. If taking it off pulls hairs out, simple solution is shave the ****** off first, before applying the tape over your manboobs.

I learned that through bitter experience of having nurses just yank the shite off of the sites of various wounds I picked up. (non-combat ones I can assure you - I seem to have a magnetic attraction to rocks, boulders and fences)

Above all, don't listen to the ********* who will decry your use of tape. They will be using the stuff as well, only it will be the transparent sissy stuff - real men use micropore in about one inch gauge over some nice fluffy cotton wool balls. Don't just rip bits off of a roll of cotton wool - that stuff is best used to clean boots and stuff.

Tam

13. Nipples, tape, vaseline, cotton wool... Reminds me of this one night...

I have a roll of zinc oxide kicking about, is it nipple-friendly material?

14. Pararegtom

Pm fwuffy she,s done the course on dominatrix, dominoe,s whippy,beasty St johns ambulance thingy

15. There are silicone thingies that are look like flower petals and are reusable, so I understand.

Failing that wear a bra