• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Nipper gets his Da as a surprise birthday pressie

I know this is about a Septic squaddie and I know it’s from the Daidley Maidley, but I just found it so very heartwarming:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...discovers-birthday-gift-father-home-Iraq.html

When I read this, I must admit there was a ferocious amount of grit suddenly flying around my desk:
Gabriel said he looks forward to playing with his dad over the next two weeks but understands why he has to leave again.
'He has to work," Gabriel said. "He works in the war.'
But this also gave me food for thought:
Hurles, who joined the Army four years ago, is a mechanic in the 1st Cavalry Division stationed at Fort Hood, Texas.

He completed one tour in Iraq and is seven months into his second tour. He expects to finish sometime this summer.
So of the four years he’s been in, and not including his basic and trade training, he’s spent 17 months on operations to date. I reckon that's rather a lot, or is it just me?

MsG

Latest Threads