Nine paragraphs took UK to war

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Mar 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im afraid i have to agree with Claire Short on this one (ugh, im off to scrub myself clean! 8O )
  2. Why has no-one felt the need to comment on this?

This is major news!

The armed forces were sent to war on NINE PARAGRAPHS!!

People died because the govt could only be arsed to write 9 bloody paragraphs about the legality of the war!

3. Call me a bluff old traditionalist if you must (cue Blackadder-esque squealing of "Bluff Old Tradionalist"!!), but surely there must be more to it than just 9 paragraphs?

For example, was it not reported last year that the Intelligence report into Iraq and WMD ran to nearly 40 pages? Then surely, after producing millions of memo's, questions, reports, cabinet meetings (and therefore minutes of meetings) as well as the published letters to/from the Advocate General, the reference to these 9 paragraphs is slightly skewed by media hype?

Like I said, maybe I'm too synical for this job, but I really don't think it is as straightforward as it has been reported.

I await a hail of derisory laughter at my obvious niaevity.....

4. The nine pages are the extent of the advice legal given to no10 (not the cabinet) by the atorney general. Not the information created, sorry presented to take us to war.