Nine Month Residency Requirement

Hello,

Having a slight issue on hearing different things from multiple sources. I'm a British citizen but currently living abroad and in the process of applying for Sandhurst. I have been told by one group that I have to be resident in the UK for the 9 months prior to entering Sandhurst, whereas another source is telling me otherwise.

Is anyone able to provide clarity on which one is true?

Hiya. What is the other source telling you- no wait?

If it helps, I'm in the initial stages but have also been advised of a 9 month residency requirement. Definately puts a damper on things! Seemed to be a blanket rule. I've been back and forth a lot (from a Five Eyes country) and did all my schooling etc in the UK etc.

D

Deleted 164106

Hello,

Having a slight issue on hearing different things from multiple sources. I'm a British citizen but currently living abroad and in the process of applying for Sandhurst. I have been told by one group that I have to be resident in the UK for the 9 months prior to entering Sandhurst, whereas another source is telling me otherwise.

The recruiting office will be able to help. Give them a ring tomorrow when they open.

Hello,

Have you had any updates on this matter?

I was worried about that issue as well, but tbh I didn't need to be. If you move back to the UK while you apply and before you go to briefing if you have one booked, then by the time you pass that, main board and you get onto an intake you'll be well over the 9 months. Add to that the increased wait times due to the heightened number of candidates and back logs due to COVID and as painful as it is to say, you'll probably be waiting longer than 9 months from now to get in...

I was worried about that issue as well, but tbh I didn't need to be. If you move back to the UK while you apply and before you go to briefing if you have one booked, then by the time you pass that, main board and you get onto an intake you'll be well over the 9 months. Add to that the increased wait times due to the heightened number of candidates and back logs due to COVID and as painful as it is to say, you'll probably be waiting longer than 9 months from now to get in...

How long would you estimate the whole process is tending to take at the moment? I am looking to start RMAS in January of 2023. Is that a realistic timeframe?

Tingtang22

Clanker
How long would you estimate the whole process is tending to take at the moment? I am looking to start RMAS in January of 2023. Is that a realistic timeframe?

Yes I think that sounds realistic, as long as you pass Briefing and Main Board first time. I applied in February 2020 and I am on the list for September 2021 RMAS, so that's just over 18 months. It might speed up by next year as I know they are dealing with a big back log of applicants! Good luck :)

Sorry for the slow reply been off the forum for a couple weeks, but yes that gives you a fair amount of time to get back to the UK and live out the requirements

Latest Threads