Nike Special Field Boots

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Signal_20, Aug 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been looking to get a new pair of boots as the standard issue ones are destroying my feet... Came across these and haven't seen anything bad said about them so far and price seems reasonable. Has anyone had any/ or currently having experience with them?

Also another thing, once we get issued the new brown boots I take it we can't wear black boots any more?

2. H3

H3 LE

Check out You Tube as there's a few septics talking about them regards the pros and cons ie when wet and they get dried out quickly they can shrink plus some of the eyelets may get damaged and as long as you have strong ankles you'll be fine etc ! Super light by all accounts !

3. What you have mentioned there doesn't sound too good ha I'll check YouTube out, cheers.

4. It might be wise to wait for the new boots, would be a waste to spend £x for a pair of boots you might not allowed to wear a few months down the line.

5. True that, any info on the new boots?

6. There's a thread all about them.

7. Just went to the Nike Store and you can design your own pair, you can even put your own Nike ID on the inside, put my number on. They look alright worn with a pair of jeans but wouldn't want to deploy with a pair!

8. I've got a pair. The only good thing about them is that they're lightweight. They're basically like hi-top trainers. They won't be getting replaced.

9. They won't be getting replaced as in, they are crap? Or they are good boots and won't be getting different ones?

10. They're crap. They're ok if you want a lightweight boot for BFTs, CFTs and the like but they're not very good for in the field. I'm only a matelot so what do I know? But I ran the endurance course down at Lympstone in them and after drying out they lost their shape a little bit. I got them with fabric sides though.

11. Matelot doing phys, thought the we're called booties!!;)