Nike or asics ?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Pocket fox, Jan 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any opinions on Nike vs Asics trainers for running in ? Or any trainers that you personally swear by .

2. New Balance all the way.

3. Asics for me. Got big wide feet. I reckon they're more runny and less commercially too.

4. I've got a pair of both. I find the Nike Air (Pegasus) offer me more heel support than the Asics, which are gel filled. Like most things, it's up to the individual and what's right for one person isn't right for another.

5. Asics for me. I'm currently on a pair of NB and wished I handn't changed.

6. Silver shadows.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Comparing nike with asics is like comparing a pimped up vauxhall astra with a Ferrari.

Ones built for coons to run about in, the other ones built for racing.

8. Got Air Pegasus myself just coming to the end of their life 1500 km I would get another pair but can't decide between l nikel unar series or changing brands altogether.

9. A better suggestion for you, is to start keeping a record of all your runs usually called a runners log (awaits sniggers)

Depending on your weight, and of course your running style, a pair of shoes can be destroyed after a few hundred miles.

If you are bionic and run light, on your toes almost, you are not creating any heel strike which is usually the part of the shoe to compress with repetitive pounding (from running).

Replacing your shoes after a given mileage is a sensible approach to looking after your feet.

10. You don't do any running then.... RLC?

Asics are ace, used to swear by New Balance, but decided to start spending a bit more and got Asics a couple of years back, never looked back

11. Asics, when i bought proper running shoes after a visit to a video your running joint, the first pair were saucony hurricaine 7. They were ok but a million times better than the Nike piece of crap i was using before with totally collapsed heels.

After a while i went for a repeat visit and bought asics and have had em ever since.

12. I'd have to throw a vote in for Brooks. Asics are too narrow for me and I find Nike running shoes mildly bollocks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I would recommend you go to a good running shop they will help you loads and not rip you of.

14. Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Saucony, New Balance, I vote for my Mizuno WaveRiders

• Like Like x 1