nijmegen company

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Gdou9518, Dec 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In starting catterick in march for grenadier guards just wanted to know after training at nijmegen company how often u do public duties

2. After you stop looking like a bag of shit, it will be whenever you get told to! I hope that is of help to you.

3. It depends, I spent about 6 months in Nijmegan Coy.

I probably spent a total of 2-3 months either on exercise, leave or adventure training. But, when we did duties it could be in blocks of a month or so doing back to guard on guard off. As well as guards you also get things like state visits, state opening of parliament, trooping the colour and other assorted fun stuff.

4. Ive come to the conclusion that you like being on Tele.

5. I've only been on tv twice as far as I'm aware, and only one of those was a speaking part, though it did get me recognised in MB when I went there once.

6. HHH

HHH LE

So with all that TV exposure the producers of celebrity big brother must have been looking to sign you up for the next series.
    After all you have been recognised, which is more than can be said for the usual contestants !

7. Should have gone HCav, you're almost 99.9% sorted to be on TV on the Trooping (even if you don't fall off) plus I got a 30 sec stint on the BBC 6 O'Clock news, wasn't speaking part though. Mate of mine had his mush plastered all over the DVD or us though. Did you not get on the ITV - DVD Guarding the Queen?

8. CCTV in the jewelers was it?.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nah, I made it onto Sky1 and BBC2.

10. Thanks what are the rooms like at 1st battalion

11. It depends what company you're in, at the moment HQ and Support Company are in Z Type (single en-suite rooms) while the rifle companies blocks are a mix of basic 3, 4 and 1 man rooms.

I don't know how this will change the next time we move to London though.

Sent from the thunder box on ARRSE app