Nights out of bed

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by bazzac, Apr 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive heard alot about this lately, apparently nights out of bed are a massive thing at the minute, just wondering if anyone knows the official line / guidelines on this and what happens if a soldier s well over the set limit if there is one
  2. I recall spending hours and hours manually compiling data for Nights Out of Bed "returns" in the 1990's (presumably it can be done by computer now?), submitting the data and never ever hearing anything ever again - Any data can be massaged to tell them what thy want to hear?
  3. Not really - nights out of bed and LSSA qualifying time are entered into JPA, firstly so that LSSA is paid to the individual and so that all nights out of bed are tracked. There is an application, cant remember the name, that draws the statistics out of the database for your unit.
  4. Seperated Service Recording and Reporting (SSRR) :D
  5. thanks for the replies,
    is there a guideline or ruling on how many nights out of bed are acceptable in a giving period and what happens if someone is well over this limit if there is one?
  6. The app is the Separated Service Tool (SST) just waiting for my login now!!

7. They will be ordered to hand in the bedding to the accommodation stores!
  8. The SST is only accurate (I use that term loosely) to the end of the previous month and shows the previous 30 months nights out of bed.

I don't klnow where they get the info from, as it is not the same as some of the info on JPA Move and Track, but it's better than manually counting the days !! :D