Discussion in 'Sappers' started by IOW_FREEDOM_FIGHTERS, Dec 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :wink: Any good party storys from Sunny 36 Engr Regt, i was there from 95 to 97. Sloanes, Strawberry moons, Hogs head, Flower Pot and Irish Bar.
  2. What Sqn? I was there between 96 and 98????
  3. 61 sqn, TSG 96
  4. Flower pot was great, always good for those lock ins! (50 Sqn '95)
  5. yes the Flowerpot was a good lock in REgards. What was the pub called near the old 61Sqn HQ on the way into town.
  6. What was the name of the pub where the travellers usually went?
    As you went into town it was on a road off to the left of the main shopping street and up there about 150 metres on the left.

Mind you things may have changed allot, as I refer back to the dim and distant past, between 69 and 70 in 50 FIELD Sqn "Hasletts Hoardes"

Anyway this pub, when the travelers were in, it came up on orders to stay away, Oops sorry, so two of us walked in, it went quiet, we walked up to the bar and odered two pints. The landlord stood fixed to the spot, then a chap who found out later to be the head of the family, walked over and saaid "You two have allot of brass Ba**s walking in here, so you will drink for free, as long as you can keep up"!! Some bloody good night that was!!
  7. Didn't have a name like the Duke of somthing.
  8. Do you remember "Big Angie" and "Clare the Bear".
    No I feckin didnt u duuurty minded barstewards. :)

9. Bloody hell IOW, I can't remember that, years of alcohol abuse have affected my long term memory, and short term memory, and long term memory! :)
  10. Did like the BlackDog in Weymouth.
  11. Ahh Weymouth, my home town (or was at any rate): BlackDog, Golden Lion and of course the steering wheel/ Harry's. Apparently the town is shite and full of chavs these days though
  12. How the Hornblower in Ripon or Ele& Hind Dover.
  13. The Duke of............? Now that does ring a bell, lets face it, it was over 35 years ago and too much amber nectar has flown down ones gullit!

Could it be "Marlborough"?
  14. Could be onto somthing there CharlieBubbles starter for 10
  15. 10, we had drunk that much before we got there! God only knows WHAT we drank in there!

And was still on parade the following day!