Nights out in Newcastle.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TheFriendlyBomb, Mar 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm going to be in the toon for a weekend for various reasons. Any recommendations as to where to go for a bit of a night out?

2. I had my stag do there a few years back. We started up near St James Park and gradually worked our way down to the quayside.

3. Try the Long Bar, it's two mins walk from the central station. Good place to start, you can even win free rounds on a roulette game thing. Also the Witherspoon place is just up the road after that the quayside is a stroll.

4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I went there many years back on HMS Newcastle.

I didn't make it further than the quayside but I fondly remember it as being the easiest place to pull I've ever been in my life.

Also 100% (all two of them) of the Geordie birds I've scuttled took it up the claypipe.

5. depends what you want... although their is generally slags in all manor tiny outfits everywhere but predominantly round the bigg market

6. X59

X59 On ROPs

For hot, young, nubile, classy clunge try Greys.

7. So from all these I'm guessing it's a rather good night out then?

8. ******* and fighting what more would you want!

9. A fantastic Merlot and a saliva inducing meal, you heathen.

Followed by a dayglo'd skinned fat lass who practices A2M.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Try the gate it's a good place to go plenty of bars in and around it.

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Oh you bastard.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Newcastle's not bad at all, even though they changed the feckin Football ground's name from St James Park. Anyway after landing from Dubai I holed up there for a few days and promised myself I'd go back, despite the Pub near the Tyne Bridge knowing fark all about their own area. Generally good memories of the people and shit loads to do at night and weekends. Lovely.

13. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

The Quayside is usually very pleasant, busy but not disorderly, and has disturbing numbers of sparsely dressed women frequenting the bars.

I have not found the Bigg Market to be any more dangerous late on in the evening than the Bronx.

14. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

The Bigg Market WAS the place to be for 18-25 yr olds in the early 90s, then the scene moved down to the Quayside which is pretty decent but of late the Gate has opened and the area around Central Station is really popular. No ones mentioned the Haymarket area either - thats fairly lively.

All of these places are less than a 10min stroll from each other, or a cheap taxi if you don't know the area.

You'll have a cracking time!

15. I like your style!