Nightingale hospitals, could they have a second use?

So you work for the little handy man business and not own it?

First rule of business, Turn over is vanity, Profit is Sanitary.

Yep, and you've provided a beautiful example of that by hypocritically chopsing off in previous posts to 'Popele' who could help you .. .no worries to me either way.

You know where I am when your invoices don't get paid but you still have to pay your suppliers and staff.

JIT generally is about that.

Save on your own warehousing and internal logistics.
Pay your supplier on purchase with them balancing their warehousing and logistics against manufacturing on demand. If you’re not the only customer then the stock is held to meet the demand of all, with the supplier having to ensure items are in date where applicable
Not really. JIT is about leaning out inertia in the whole supply chain right back to the materials supply. It requires the building of long term partnering relationships with primary and secondary suppliers, often deeper. For an example, study JLR or any other major motor manufacturer. Or the supermarket industry.

JIT is absolutely not about outsourcing your supply management to wholesalers who hold stock on your behalf. In fact, properly integrated JIT supply chains eliminate the wholesaler entirely.

I doubt any public sector body can ever come near to operating a genuine JIT supply chain; procurement rules prevent the necessary partnering.

well if they retain the NEC you could have a knee replacement on Monday in hall 9 followed by physio consisting of walking round the national kitchen exhibition in hall 10 on tuesday

well if they retain the NEC you could have a knee replacement on Monday in hall 9 followed by physio consisting of walking round the national kitchen exhibition in hall 10 on tuesday
If they retain ExCel, patients will get a grandstand view of the London ePrix as the Formula E field races round and through the centre.

MR_R_SOLE

Old-Salt
Yep, and you've provided a beautiful example of that by hypocritically chopsing off in previous posts to 'Popele' who could help you .. .no worries to me either way.

You know where I am when your invoices don't get paid but you still have to pay your suppliers and staff.

Staff paid, non Fulough didnt need to. Suppliers paid ( second rule of business ALWAYS keep 6-12 months worth of over heads in the bank) Only have to wait the usual 30-60 day terms for invoices. You see theirs only a handful of companies in the UK that can do what we do, to the quality and time scales we work too. Late payment soon reaches the ears of our competitors who then refuse to work for the main company.

Now off you pop I'm.sure you have a toilet to unblock in some flea infested shit whole.

MR_R_SOLE

Old-Salt

Staff paid, non Fulough didnt need to. Suppliers paid ( second rule of business ALWAYS keep 6-12 months worth of over heads in the bank) Only have to wait the usual 30-60 day terms for invoices. You see theirs only a handful of companies in the UK that can do what we do, to the quality and time scales we work too. Late payment soon reaches the ears of our competitors who then refuse to work for the main company.

Now off you pop I'm.sure you have a toilet to unblock in some flea infested shit whole.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Plans are in place to use the NHS Louisa Jordan after all

Type 66

Old-Salt
The Nightingale hospitals remind me of the WW2 drive to collect metal for Spitfires......it was a hoax to keep the little people occupied.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder how long it will take for business as normal to be resumed by the owners and users of the owners of the buildings, so perhaps it will be better to keep them in use? As someone else said, these will not be places for any kind of surgery but for supportive care.

Could or should the NHS have a reserve of beds, wards, and equipment in case of crisis? That is one of the questions to be asked in the longer term?
Didn't there always used to be contingency in hospitals? Didn't the reforms of the 80s and 90s slash bed numbers because techniques had changed and patients weren't staying as long, so there was money to be 'saved'/spaffed away on art, administrators, PFI payments?

The Nightingale hospitals remind me of the WW2 drive to collect metal for Spitfires......it was a hoax to keep the little people occupied.
The aluminium was recycled and probably most did go into aircrraft. The wrought iron gates and fences were, allegedly dumped at sea, probably it was cheaper to make steel from the ore than to recycle antique scrap.

As for face masks, go and look at the pollen or engine intake air filter on your cat. Pleated. Why is that?

Latest Threads