Night vision

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Guss109, Feb 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any one use any for shooting fox and rabbit? Looking to get one but not to sure to get a add on plus dsa or go for a dedicated scope. Any advice or help welcomed
  2. Yes, I do - and it does work. You can spend more or less as much as you want and you'll get what you pay for. I went for the cheap as chips option (<£100) with an old Gen I tube (same as the IWS - ARRSEpedia - great for the "old & bold" memories of green specks and that whining noise ) which, with an IR illuminator to light up their eyes, takes me out to 50-75m for rabbit. On a slightly windy night and not too much moon you can get pretty close before they see you.

Plenty of threads already on this subject, try this: or put "night vision" into the search bar.
  3. Hi have you managed to adapt it to fit onto your scope? And if fitted to the scope im guessing the x mag makes no differnce as it would be working of the magnification of the scope.
  4. I use the NV as an either/or with my day optics - using a quick-release scope mount. The downside of this is that you can lose zero, I get round this because I have a laser mounted under the barrel which can be used as a check on the zero in between the two sets of sights.

If you want to spend the money, a day/night sight is the way ahead. You get consistent zero, balance and can shoot at dusk without swapping kit half-way through. Biped will offer you one for about a grand:
  5. Aldi are running an offer on a Spotting Scope- £19:99
    Went in today for a Mk1, was impressed so bought one- in the same dispaly is their NV marked down to £79:99

Not convinced I need one so looked no further but you might want to.
  6. Cheers for the replies will have a look at aldi but not sure if they do them up here
  7. ALDI - Store Locator just tap in Aberdeen, there's 2

It pays to keep an eye on their offers, if they're popular they come round again, I've had a lot of good tools and sports gear.

Lidl is also a source of good offers, but go on the day the offer starts, the good bargains vanish quick.