Night vision contact lenses.... hmmm

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Yeoman_dai, Jun 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. possible they where talking about a film that could cover a windscreen so you could have night vision in your car also thay say you could have passive night vision in your mobile in a few years. I would find the link if I could be botherd
  2. Ask anyone who has worn the day vision contact lenses.

Contact lenses + sandy environment + helicopters = bollocks, IMHO.
  3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Right so, when some terroist switches the lights on, the attack stops while half a dozen "them" look up, pull their cheeks down and blink rapidly saying, "nearly got it, neeearly got it..."
    • Like Like x 5
  4. It's a nice idea, but it's not going to work. Better idea is ballistic goggles with NV capability. (protection from shrapnel/foreign matter). They'd also need instant transfer from NV to clear vision, and flare protection so that shining a bright light won't blind the wearer.

Another 5-10 years of development I figure for the above.

Unless you go the Cyberoptic route. Swap out your gooey white things for ceramic coated balls of circuitry & lenses. :)
  5. Total shite....some ******* will believe anything.
  6. well it IS the Daily Wail....Viz may be more factual!!
  7. Night vision lenses? I've been making them for years!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aye, its the Sunday Sport reincarnated.
  9. I read a book (wisbech boot market 50p) that states that many technologies (and night vision is listed as one of them) are derived from the 1947 crash at Roswell.. and that the US have been reverse engineering from the craft, and the EBEs ... next up is a particle beam weapon !
  10. I said...tinfoil hat time :D
  11. How very ******* dare you madam - our great nation would be nothing were it not for that hallowed periodical from Fulchester.
  12. Am expecting lots of yank "this movie is based on factual events" movies with these contact lenses and maybe some pin sized nuclear weapons as well.