Night vision contact lenses.... hmmm

possible they where talking about a film that could cover a windscreen so you could have night vision in your car also thay say you could have passive night vision in your mobile in a few years. I would find the link if I could be botherd

Ask anyone who has worn the day vision contact lenses.

Contact lenses + sandy environment + helicopters = bollocks, IMHO.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Right so, when some terroist switches the lights on, the attack stops while half a dozen "them" look up, pull their cheeks down and blink rapidly saying, "nearly got it, neeearly got it..."

It's a nice idea, but it's not going to work. Better idea is ballistic goggles with NV capability. (protection from shrapnel/foreign matter). They'd also need instant transfer from NV to clear vision, and flare protection so that shining a bright light won't blind the wearer.

Another 5-10 years of development I figure for the above.

Unless you go the Cyberoptic route. Swap out your gooey white things for ceramic coated balls of circuitry & lenses. :)

well it IS the Daily Wail....Viz may be more factual!!

well it IS the Daily Wail....Viz may be more factual!!
I read a book (wisbech boot market 50p) that states that many technologies (and night vision is listed as one of them) are derived from the 1947 crash at Roswell.. and that the US have been reverse engineering from the craft, and the EBEs ... next up is a particle beam weapon !

I read a book (wisbech boot market 50p) that states that many technologies (and night vision is listed as one of them) are derived from the 1947 crash at Roswell.. and that the US have been reverse engineering from the craft, and the EBEs ... next up is a particle beam weapon !
yup...like I said...tinfoil hat time :D

Am expecting lots of yank "this movie is based on factual events" movies with these contact lenses and maybe some pin sized nuclear weapons as well.

Gramps

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
If you bought that book at Wisbech boot market it was probably kept from 1947 as a family wonder, waiting for someone to be able to make sense of the funny wriggly filling.

I saw that in the X files or some other crap film...can't remember exactly.

If you bought that book at Wisbech boot market it was probably kept from 1947 as a family wonder, waiting for someone to be able to make sense of the funny wriggly filling.
you are familiar with that speshul trading post then ? ,, .... I swear I saw a guy selling knocked off DVDs there.. ford orion covered in looney tunes cartoons ...wait for it....in Russian ! bugsov bunnyski anyone ?

I saw that in the X files or some other crap film...can't remember exactly.
the EBEs had one piece suits on made from a special fibre, that was re engineered and became something... then theres microchips (not the oven kind) night vision, particle beams weapons ... and its established they are not friendly, and that had the US not come up with a credible weapon that would shoot down a saucer then we would have been invaded already. I think we will need more than a tinfoil hat for this one !

Gramps

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
Thats brilliant, what book is that? Yes unfortunately I was brought up in wisbeckistan, still visit now and again, would like to point out I was not born there and got out soonest. I have all my own eyes and no gills or webbed feet.