Nigerian scam letter

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Flash MacTavish, Jun 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We are all used to the poor spelling and grammar coming out of Central Africa, but generally we can figure out what it is they are after. This one though has gone right over my head, I suspect it must be a followup email to someone else that landed in my inbox.

Ccentral Bank of Nigeria
    reply all mails to :Email: fred123.f@yandex.com
    Phone: +234 7086 277 119
    NOTE: For None Appearance, Do Not Contact George Mikel, if you can not pay for the cost of delivery and Kindly Reconfirm:
    Your Full Name:
    Your Country:
    Your Address:
    Your Occupation:
    YOUR Current/Valid Residential Address:
    Your Age:
    Your Sex:
    Your Direct Mobile Number:
    Your Nominated Delivery Address:
    Your Scan Copy of your Identification:
    We have concluded delivery arrangement with all COURIER SERVICES, Courier Company to be fully insured by Nicon Insurance Corporation. In view of this development, you are requested to choose from the options listed below your choice and cost of delivery
    {UPS DELIVERY}
    Mailing $ 110.00 00.00
    Insurance $ 180.00 00.00
    Doc Processing fee $ 60 .00 00.00
    TOTAL $ 350.00 00.00 (THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY UNITED STATE DOLLARS)
    {DHL DELIVERY}
    Mailing $ 190.00 00.00
    Insurance $ 270.00 00.00
    Doc Processing fee $ 90.00 00.00
    TOTAL $ 550.00 00.00 (FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY UNITED STATE DOLLARS)
    {FedEx DELIVERY}
    Mailing $ 250.00 00.00
    Insurance $ 330.00 00.00
    Doc Processing fee $ 170.00 00.00
    TOTAL $ 750.00 00.00 (SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY UNITED STATE DOLLARS)
    For oral discussion, you can reach george mikel, on email or call his office telephone line given to you above as soon as you receive this important message for further directions and also update him on any development from the above mentioned office. Note that it is because of impostors, we hereby issued you our code of conduct, which is (001) so you have to indicate this code when contacting the card center by using it as your subject.
    Sincerely Yours,
    Mrs. Sherry Moore.
    Chief secretary Remittance Officer,
    Central Bank of Nigeria,
    In Respect of the World Bank

2. I stopped getting letters from various members of staff from nigerian banks and now am recieving letters about an ammount of money that is being held for me by the washington department of the FBI (apparently!)

3. Stop reading other peoples emails you nosy cunt.

PS - Just write Yes on it and return it :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Contact George Michael for oral?

No thanks.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

So they want $750 a week. Lets assume one individual sends out 500,000 emails a week and gets a 0.01% response from idiots. That's still five people forking over $750 - or $3,750 a week. Annually that's nearly $200,000.

I'm assuming not all Nigerian scammers are illiterate and can write more plausible emails that the examples everyone gets. In which case someone is doing quite nicely out of all this.

I looked up the scam on Wikipedia.

Nigerian scam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Evidently fleecing the gullible is quite profitable.

Wordsmith

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. That's 38,000 idiots per year.

That's a lot of idiots.

7. That means there are 7,093,962,000 idiots left to de-fraud! Who's up for a Central Bank Of ARRSE Remittance Company Ltd?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Oh I get those - the FBI are going to arrest me if I don't comply with their requests for information about me.

9. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

I can remember when they did this scam by fax machine to offices .

10. There's no shortage of people willing to hand over cash on the promise of getting more back. For years I was looking after the IT of the "boiler rooms" in Barcelona and you'd be surprised how easy it can be

I have fuck all sympathy for anyone that lost money to them

Curling one out

• Like Like x 4
  11. Was everything in black and white back then, and we got paid on wednesdays?

• Like Like x 2
  12. my step dad is Nigerian he is involved on these scams, his grammar, spelling and punctuality are terrible (so are mine) so he got a 'friend' to type them all out so it wasn't so obvious good scam good money a lots of social icons I suppose :/

Ill get my coat

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

13. Is that meant to say PUNCTUATION?

14. It's correct - he meant to reply yesterday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1