Nigerian 419 Archive

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by maninblack, Mar 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Section 419 is the bit of the Nigerian penal code covering fraud hence this is the term for nigerian based scams attempting to part the stupid from their money based on the usual improbable emails.

I thought that I would start an archive of these purely for amusement as their tales of woe can be so inventive.

Do not be stupid enough to enter into a conversation with these people and do feel free to post copies of scams that you ecieve on here as well.

My Dear,

In order to transfer out 15,000,000.00 (Fifteen mllion Pounds Sterling)from our bank here I have the courage to look for areliable and honest person who will be capable for this important transaction, believing that you will never let me down either now or in future.

My name is Mr Rold Williams I am the Operation Manager here at Bank in United Kingdom. There is an account opened in this bank in 1995 and since my inception into office in 2001, no body has operated on this account again,after going through some old files,Idiscovered that if i do not remit this money out regently the money will be there for Nothing, please know that 35% will be for your share, while 5% will be for all the expenses both parties might be incured during the process of the transfer.

Please forward your full contact informationsfor effective communication. Let me he! ar from you urgently Best Regards, Mr.Rold Williams
  2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Another one, this time with better spelling.

From Miss Ellen Williams
    Abidjan- Cote D' Iviore
    Email- (

Good a thing to write you. I have a proposal for you-this however is not mandatory nor Will I in any manner compel you to honour against your Will your profile pushed me to send you this mail,I am Ellen Williams.19 years young and the only daughter of my late parents Mr.and Mrs.Williams. My father was a highly reputable business Magnet-(a cocoa and oil merchant)who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days.It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad.Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of his who travelled with him at that time But God knows the truth!

My mother died when I was just 7 years young since then my father took me so special. Before his death he called the secretary who accompanied him to the hospital and told him that he has the sum of Ten Millon,five hundred thousand United State Dollars.(USD$10.5m) left in one of the leading bank hear Abidjan CoteD'Iviore and the money was placed in a fixed deposit account.
    He further told me that he deposited the money in my name,I am just 19 years young and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do.This is because i have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory Coast.The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. Dear,I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards.Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded. Now permit me to ask these few questions

1. Can you honestly help me as your Sister?
    2. Can I completely trust you?
    3. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the money is in your account?

Please,Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible.Through my private address box. (**********

Thank you so much and may God bless us.
    Yours Sincerely One,

Miss Ellen Williams.

3. I first saw these in the early 80s and even then the grammar and spelling was so poor as to arouse suspicion that all was not kosher.

I believe that there is a one manarmy who is playing them at their own game and regularly receives death threats from the little scamps.
  4. You mean the guy that runs this site
  5. Here the one I received this morning....
    A/C#: 32780612669g8

Attention Beneficiary

From Desk of Prof. Chi Chi Michael.
    Internal Auditor.CENTRAL BANK OF TOGO.
    Rue du Gouverneur Bayol,
    01 BP 1280 - Lome.
    Telex : 539 CENTRAL BANK.

Hello Dear.

Compliments of the day. Forgive me the indignation you may feel if this message comes to you as a surprise and may offend your personality for contacting you without your prior consent and writing through this channel.

I got your contact from a directory data. and hoping that you are a reliable and honest person that will assist us claim this money overseas.

In a brief introduction, I am Prof. Chi Chi Michael, an internal auditor with a financial institution here in Lome-Togo. With due respect and regard, I am contacting you on a business transaction that will be beneficial to both parties at the end.

On May 2003, A customer to this Bank, Mr. Smith, a national of your country and expatriate oil consultant made a numbered time deposit of USD $ 6.Million in the institution for 18 calendar months.

Unfortunately on February 2004, this client died in a ghastly auto crash with his wife and their only daughter on their way to northern part of Togo.

Upon Maturity of the deposit, the fund was confined to a dormant status where upon we made this discovery and further inquiries by me revealed that he neither left a will nor a contactable next of kin or an extended relation in his entire official document including his bank deposit information with this bank.

It is standard practice that after the expiration of 5 years the funds will be declared as an "unclaimed asset resource" and the account closed.

My contacting you hence is to allow your particulars to be forwarded to this institution as the family member's and next of Kin to our deceased customer for the purpose of benefitting the content of the account.

All the arrangement to put claim over this fund has been perfected by me and I will assist you on steps to follow.

Needless to say that the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return we demand your complete honesty and trust. Therefore this transaction will be based on the following terms and condition as stated below:

1. Our conviction of your transparent honesty and diligence.

2.That you will treat this transaction with utmost secrecy and confidentiality.

3. That you will not ask for more share than what is negotiated or try to sit on the funds or indulge in any form of black mail once the funds is under your custody.

4. That upon receipt of the funds, you will release and disburse 10% to charity here and there then the remaining be shared by I and you in the ratio 55/45%. respectively.

Remember that with my support, this transaction is risk free and will be done under a legitimate arrangement that will protect us from the breach of the law. We also hope to conclude this transaction within a short period of time if you accord us your unalloyed support and co-operation.

As soon as you accept this condition and finally indicate interest in this deal the first thing to do is to send your telephone number for voice communication and further establishment of trust.

After this I will then guide you on other steps to follow. To further cement our trust on you, we will demand for a written agreement or any other proof of loyalty from you when you finally accept this offer.

6. I've had some dealings on the invesigation side of 419's in the past.
    I was always gobsmacked at how many supposedly intelligent businessmen were suckered in by it all-usually they gamble on a certain amount of money that they can afford to lose. I've met guys that have lost 20k + cos they couldn't see the scam.
    They drip feed you bits of money that cost you money (ie the guard at the bonded warehouse needs a bung to keep his mouth shut etc etc). By the end the total sum's outrageous.
    Have also heard of people chasing their money to source...welcomed with open arms as they've now got a live body to chain to a radiator and hold to ransom.
  7. And another just arrived , I am fast running out of room to store all the millions they are offering me !!

Please accept my sincere apologizes if my email does not meet your business or personal ethics. I will first introduce myself as Dr Morgan, a staff in the
    Private Clients Section of a well-known bank, here in London, England.
    One of our accounts, with holding balance of 15,000,000 (Fifteen Million Pounds Sterling) has been dormant and last operated some years ago.
    From my investigations and confirmation, the owner of the said account, a foreigner who died on Wednesday, July 13, 2005; Posted: 1:02 p.m. EDT
    (17:02GMT).He was among by London bomb victims identified.You can go through the website,

Since then, nobody has done anything as regards the claiming of this money, as he has no family member that has any knowledge as to the existence of either the account or the funds; and also Information from the National Immigration also states that he was single on entry into the UK.

This transaction is totally free of risk and troubles as the fund is legitimate and does not originate from drug, money laundry, terrorism or any other illegal act and also I am going to secure all the legal documents that will acompany the fund to your account to prove that the fund is an inheritance fund,you should also know that inheritance fund dose not prohibited in any Country once the beneficiary have all the legal documents to prove the legality of the fund.
    On your interest, Let me hear from you URGENTLY.
    Warm Regards,

Dr. Morgan jerry.
  8. I recieved a message on a games site I visit - same sort of thing, Father poisoned and left a lot of money. Help needed to move it from the corrupt officials, life in danger etc.

A few photos too, which looked more like the arms of a customs official holding open a chest of money.

Visited the 419 scambuster sites and learned a lot.

On my Yahoo e mails I checked the IP address, which gave me two names - I googled them and sure enough they were involved in many lotto scams etc.

I replied that I was a busy art dealer and could not devote time to this venture - all of a sudden the boxes are full of local native art. Was going to continue with it and arrange a make believe visit to take home works of art in person with my art importers immunity card. Was going to e mail them a fake airline ticket and ask them to book me a hotel - then check that it was booked - and obviously not turn up. Unfortunately I played too hard to get and they no doubt moved on to easier prey.

Messages usually contain random quotes from the bible
  9. So does this mean that the £175,000 due to me from the student in Australia isn't likely to turn up.... damn... cancel the Asti Spumante and new furry dice :roll:
  10. The 419 scam is old as the hills. It used to be fed using official looking letters and was done quite professionally by organised gangs. The invention of the Internet allowed the scammer to reach a massive target audience at zero cost, i must receive at least 10 of them a week. Its now just chancers in Internet cafe's - but if they can get 100 people to transfer them 100 bucks, its a massive amount of money where they come from. is an excellent site, i particularly like the one where they got the nigerians to draw detailed maps of manchester town centre and get the scammer to fed-ex them back to UK costing him money. Makes for quite an entertaining read.
  11. what these are not real are they?? :?:
  12. I saw one 419 scambuster who got the conman to send him a carved wooden head, a likeness of a pic he had e mailed him. He posted it at his own expense thinking he was going to make some money. The scambuster e mailed back and told him that something must have been in the box as it was gnawed. (he touched up the pic in photoshop, then included a dead squirrel) Told him he could not pay for half a head. The sites are worth a visit to see how desperate and ill educated these ppl are.

Also similar scams on social networking sites where a stunning woman usually from a western country wants to be your friend. then a few days later her daughter is taken into hospital and has a large medical bill. of course she wants a loan. But easy to spot with bad english and quotes of the bible.
  13. I think the idea that all of these are scams is a bit far fetched - there's a lot of oil money sloshing about Nigeria for those with the balls to cash in. I'm about to pull off a serious deal which should see me on a yacht in Antigua in a couple of months.

Obviously, you've got to speculate to accumulate but my contacts are bona fide above board. If anyone wants a piece of the action, for 500 quid I'll cut you in. Bank details on a PM please.
  14. Xin,

I couldnt possibly buy into your proposal - your post didnt include one "salutation of the season" not even a "got willing for our mutual success", you didnt mention finding us in a "detailed web search of your internet database" and there wasnt one link out to the yacht owners details of death in the "9/11 disaster" (god bless his soul).

I do however have an opportunity and am looking for trustworthy and god fearing people of the African Continent, who are qualified in the tallying of sheep in the Welsh hills. Would you happen to know of anyone interested in partaking in such a scheme? The "remittence" is £40 (Forty British Pounds) for each sheep counted. The previous sheep counter was tragically killed in the lava bread flinging masacre of 2006.

God bless our confidence in this proposal and may all your children be showered with easter eggs and salutations of the season for our mutual success.

Mr Boney Esq
    Attourney at Law