Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Nigeria Thread Moved - Why

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Mike_Barton started a thread in CA about Nigerians being nasty to each other:

He got informed responses and a weed up his backside, at roughly the same time - the truth can do that to a man. For some reason this thread is now in the hole. If it truly offended, and one would have to be both very weak and formidably fact-resistant for it to do so, there is that scourge of Viro Bono and the refuge of all good men that is the Intelligence Cell (where we can really take the cretin apart).

If Arrse wants people to spend time writing things that other people would find interesting to read, it would help greatly if the mods spent time moderating intelligently and didn't react like a novice milk monitor when a known site fanatic got sand in his vagina.

I spent seven years supporting Nigerian energy projects and there's nothing in that thread that's either racist or that would lack value in an in-country brief for ex-pats.

Fully agreed with the above post. Very strange of whichever mod it was to move the thread and delete some posts after Mike_Barton got upset that he wasn't getting the answers he wanted.

Perhaps the mod(s) can give a reason why?

Last edited:
Look on the upside: now it's not in CA a true picture of the place can be painted in quite plain and emphasising terms.

Personally, I found the locals to be on the whole friendly. Apart from all the ones who were criminally-inclined, armed to the teeth and - worse of them all - political (stand fast MEND; you know it's you).

Look on the upside: now it's not in CA a true picture of the place can be painted in quite plain and emphasising terms.

Personally, I found the locals to be on the whole friendly. Apart from all the ones who were criminally-inclined, armed to the teeth and - worse of them all - political (stand fast MEND; you know it's you).

I miss my monthly death threat from MEND.

I think they are away buying property in Lagos !!
ps if you rent a place there, first years rent in advance !

Mike_Barton started a thread in CA about Nigerians being nasty to each other:

He got informed responses and a weed up his backside, at roughly the same time - the truth can do that to a man. For some reason this thread is now in the hole. If it truly offended, and one would have to be both very weak and formidably fact-resistant for it to do so, there is that scourge of Viro Bono and the refuge of all good men that is the Intelligence Cell (where we can really take the cretin apart).

If Arrse wants people to spend time writing things that other people would find interesting to read, it would help greatly if the mods spent time moderating intelligently and didn't react like a novice milk monitor when a known site fanatic got sand in his vagina.

I spent seven years supporting Nigerian energy projects and there's nothing in that thread that's either racist or that would lack value in an in-country brief for ex-pats.

The limp lettuce leaf in question does appear to have form for getting his vicarious jollies from rubbernecking tales of international strife.

I would strongly recommend any further threads from that poster be transferred straight to The Hole where he can revel in their ulterior ooginess away from the light of day and the sensibilities of normal people.

The limp lettuce leaf in question does appear to have form for getting his vicarious jollies from rubbernecking tales of international strife.

I would strongly recommend any further threads from that poster be transferred straight to The Hole where he can revel in their ulterior ooginess away from the light of day and the sensibilities of normal people.

I'm sure @mike_barton posted a comment on one thread boasting about how he liked to troll.

Sadly, the Nigeria thread was a good one before he flounced.

Seems unusual that posts were deleted and the thread moved to The Hole with no explanation and apparently the mod not identifying him/herself.

Feeble IMO
He did rant to the Mod Gods to throw the thread into the hole as we were all a bunch of racists or something
I'm sure @mike_barton posted a comment on one thread boasting about how he liked to troll.

Sadly, the Nigeria thread was a good one before he flounced.
He did flounce once before for a couple of months after he got called out for bringing in the 'evils of British colonialism and oppression for 800 years into totatly unrelated threads, but he couldn't help himself. He even started trolling the 'Bush war in Rhodesia' thread about the US Airborne regarding Lord Carrington being a coward at Nimegen bridge in 1944.

Exactly! Bunch of whining puffs here don't realise what a great opportunity this is.

They get a brilliant chance to once again recall their funny tales about the good old days in Bongo Bongo Land before the Communists ruined everything and the happy d@rkies knew their proper place in the world.

They have a whole new audience after boring their wives, children and grandchildren not to mention fellow golf club members to death for decades, how much fun is that?

Come on lads, step up and let's hear your stories.

He did rant to the Mod Gods to throw the thread into the hole as we were all a bunch of racists or something

He did flounce once before for a couple of months after he got called out for bringing in the 'evils of British colonialism and oppression for 800 years into totatly unrelated threads, but he couldn't help himself. He even started trolling the 'Bush war in Rhodesia' thread about the US Airborne regarding Lord Carrington being a coward at Nimegen bridge in 1944.

You'll be able to point to those posts I take it?

Oh no, you won't, because they don't exist outside of your gin-addled brain, do they?