Nigeria Hostage disaster

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Command_doh, Mar 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Has this already been done? Can't seem to find a thread on it. If so, please delete this.

Yesterday morning, I read 'UK and Nigeria deny attempt to rescue hostages) re: the oil workers held there. I went to bed early (diddums, eh? Early starts this week) and today there are a succession of articles about 'bungled raids', 'Diplomatic rows' (Italy not informed of rescue attempy by UK, Hammon fudging the cock up by saying 'seriously disrupted AQIM'. It feels very 'back-burner issue' though, and quite low key. Perhaps because of the weekend?

I noticed a coupld of choice phrases though:

The Telegraph was quick to point out yesterday that the SBS botched another rescue attempt last year (forget where). Hidden agenda?

This from Gen. Richards regarding Ansaru, but from reading the article, he could have been talking about the Nigerian Forces or their political leadership.

Doomed rescue launched amid fears hostages were about to be killed - Telegraph
    Nigerian militants 'kill seven hostages including Briton' - Telegraph
  2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Can we delete this one as I thought I was editing a quote and it turned out I had re-posted the whole thing.