Nigel is at it again

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tuffy52, Feb 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Diddums.
  2. So he only used the word "gauleiter" which, despite its Nazi origins, is in widespread common use in English and a few other languages to mean a political appointee of one sort or another - as are soviet terms such as commissar. Germans can't complain; perhaps they shouldn't have enriched Europe's vocabulary with certain terms and phrases....
    • Like Like x 1
  3. From the article:
    If all it needs is a series of operations on your back to boost your popularity, I might consider it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. He survived a helicopter crash AND a plane crash on polling day?! He must be the Messiah; I'll definitely vote for him...
  5. Yes, the Franco-German secret services are shit at wet ops.
  6. Oh Farage.

A bit like the pox! Mildly amusing when inflicted on others but you really don't want it yourself.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Surprised he didn't mention the nigger in the woodpile or just how queer he thought the idea was.
  8. I haven't noticed the French re-inforcing the Maginot Line, but if you say so ...
  9. They are too busy mass producing all those white flags and eating cheese..........
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

That would be Germany, historically a nation that has only spread peace, love and understanding in Europe?
  11. As opposed to the UK who has declared war on everyone in Europe* at least once and sometimes twice. Mind you I suppose they did deserve it. :)

*except Portugal for some strange reason.
  12. I think you mean a piece of Germany everywhere, some tough love and the untermensch standing in line.

An easy mistake to make when translating german literally
  13. To Be Or Not Ot Be - YouTube