• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Nigel is at it again

So he only used the word "gauleiter" which, despite its Nazi origins, is in widespread common use in English and a few other languages to mean a political appointee of one sort or another - as are soviet terms such as commissar. Germans can't complain; perhaps they shouldn't have enriched Europe's vocabulary with certain terms and phrases....

From the article:
He secured a million votes at the last general election, surviving a helicopter crash on polling day and a series of operations on his back to boost his popularity.
If all it needs is a series of operations on your back to boost your popularity, I might consider it.

MsG

From the article:

If all it needs is a series of operations on your back to boost your popularity, I might consider it.

MsG
He survived a helicopter crash AND a plane crash on polling day?! He must be the Messiah; I'll definitely vote for him...

So he only used the word "gauleiter" which, despite its Nazi origins, is in widespread common use in English and a few other languages to mean a political appointee of one sort or another - as are soviet terms such as commissar. Germans can't complain; perhaps they shouldn't have enriched Europe's vocabulary with certain terms and phrases....
Surprised he didn't mention the nigger in the woodpile or just how queer he thought the idea was.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
The comment provoked uproar, especially among German MEPs, with Greens lawmaker Reinhard Buetikofer accusing the UK Independence Party (UKIP) chief of spreading "hatred in the European Parliament, hatred between European peoples".
That would be Germany, historically a nation that has only spread peace, love and understanding in Europe?

That would be Germany, historically a nation that has only spread peace, love and understanding in Europe?
As opposed to the UK who has declared war on everyone in Europe* at least once and sometimes twice. Mind you I suppose they did deserve it. :)

*except Portugal for some strange reason.

Latest Threads