Nigel Farage's Outstanding Rant - He's bang on.

It's simple - they spent a shit load of other people's money and until they pay it back they're going to do as they're told or face the consequences.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Can't see the relevance to either global political significance or the Army to be honest.

Punted.

I've frankly not had a lot of time for him in the past, however there were a number of very valid points made there. I was especially struck by the fact that so many of those "leaders" are unelected and yet are insisting that elected politician (good or bad) be removed from office.

A speech by a self-aggrandising windbag does not a valiant defence of democracy make.
You're absolutely correct - but he makes some valid points (windbag or not) and I don't see many of our illustrious windbags in parliament making the same point so eloquently. He may or may not be correct but it's a very good point that he raises and worthy of debate - democracy over technocracy or vice-versa.

Give me elected representatives advised by technocrats, rather than elected technocrats every time. A short term solution that disregards democracy is not, in my humble opinion, the correct path to take.

The bloke has serious points that need to be raised. The EU is going down the pan and the euro experiment has failed. The deutchmark will be a re established currency in the next 10 years which controls a German dominated European economy.

Alsacien

MIA
In your opinion.
Not just his, while the rest of Europe send some of their best and brightest, we send embarrassing fools who play to a myopic home audience while everything important whistles past them.
The irony is we then complain about it......
You don't have to like it, or even agree with it, but you do have to accept that it is there, and it ain't gonna be influenced by grandstanding minority egos - the decisions are going to be made whether you actively engage and contribute or not.....

A speech by a self-aggrandising windbag does not a valiant defence of democracy make.
Farage may be a muppet but I don't hear anyone else speaking out (although I did hear him getting some applause)
Greece and Italy now have EU appointed governments, not elected as democracy demands.

If Ferrage is the only one prepared to speak out then more power to his elbow. Windbag or not.

Not just his, while the rest of Europe send some of their best and brightest, we send embarrassing fools who play to a myopic home audience while everything important whistles past them.
The irony is we then complain about it......
You don't have to like it, or even agree with it, but you do have to accept that it is there, and it ain't gonna be influenced by grandstanding minority egos - the decisions are going to be made whether you actively engage and contribute or not.....
Its europes finest that have created this mess.
It is europes finest that think the answer is to quietly cancel democracy because they know best....

Its europes finest that have created this mess.
It is europes finest that think the answer is to quietly cancel democracy because they know best....
In the case of the Italians - I don't know about Greece - they are probably right. The political system there is utterly corrupt. Your suggestion would be to leave Berlesconi in place ?