Nigel Farage's Outstanding Rant - He's bang on.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by billybongo, Nov 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 2
  1. He makes some rather excellent points.

2. Good points, well presented.

3. It's simple - they spent a shit load of other people's money and until they pay it back they're going to do as they're told or face the consequences.

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Can't see the relevance to either global political significance or the Army to be honest.

Punted.

5. Something to do with democracy probably.

6. I've frankly not had a lot of time for him in the past, however there were a number of very valid points made there. I was especially struck by the fact that so many of those "leaders" are unelected and yet are insisting that elected politician (good or bad) be removed from office.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sixty

A speech by a self-aggrandising windbag does not a valiant defence of democracy make.

• Like Like x 3

8. Lets leave Nick Clegg out of this.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Sixty

Conservative party slogan 2012.

• Like Like x 15
  10. In your opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sixty

Only one that matters (in my head)

12. You're absolutely correct - but he makes some valid points (windbag or not) and I don't see many of our illustrious windbags in parliament making the same point so eloquently. He may or may not be correct but it's a very good point that he raises and worthy of debate - democracy over technocracy or vice-versa.

Give me elected representatives advised by technocrats, rather than elected technocrats every time. A short term solution that disregards democracy is not, in my humble opinion, the correct path to take.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The bloke has serious points that need to be raised. The EU is going down the pan and the euro experiment has failed. The deutchmark will be a re established currency in the next 10 years which controls a German dominated European economy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. You're Tony Blair and I claim my fiver.