NIGEL FARAGE - why does he get such a hard time?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Outstanding, Nov 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it me or does this guy actually speak the truth?
  2. I always think he is good value when on Question Time etc. Yes he gets a bit carried away and sometimes sounds very Daily Mailesque but I think that is just because he is genuinely passionate about what he believes in. He's your typcial eccentric Englishman.

And if UKIPs growing support is anything to go by, a lot of people agree with him too.
  3. Probably because UKIP is a watered down BNP without the racism. And whereas BNP seems to feed on Labour voters UKIP seems to feed on Consevative voters.
  4. This is great clip:

YouTube - Nigel Farage reprimanded for criticising new EU president & foreign minister
  5. While I will agree that UKIP are not racist, I would disagree on everything else you've said regarding the BNP. If you look at their manifestos (I recommend the BNP website for a good laugh) you will see they are very very different.
  6. He's a politician, so anything he says is suspect ;-) However despite that, he is saying a lot of things that more & more thinking people are thinking. Unlike the Eurines who think the EU can do no wrong as it would upset their lucrative gravy train! His rant at van rumpetstiltskin was a classic, see here :- YouTube - Nigel Farage harangues EU President Herman van Rompuy! And here at the moron Brown :-
    Its a shame Cameron doesn't have the balls to get up & question our membership of Europe in the same way!!
  7. A half-wit then?
  8. Like Boris, he may have the facade of a bumbling buffoon, but I would not want to underestimate him....
  9. Which makes a non eccentric Englishman:

a. A whole wit?
    b. A Dimwit?

10. Why, it's not like he has or is likely to have a significant effect in British politics. He's another sideliner and will fade away with the likes of Screaming Lord Sutch. Lots of noise, a modicum of entertainment, but largely a just another ******.
  11. He's a showboating prick, the epitome of the little Englander. And his party are just the BNP in blazers, but more corrupt.
  12. I don't think that he's an idiot as in 'Village' and does expose a lot of corruption and inadequacies in the EU, not that they even blink, let alone put it right.

I suspect that he is genuine in his beliefs, as he left the Conservative Party in 1992 after they signed the Maastricht Treaty, to then become a founding member of the UKIP. I think that he gives a positive value to politics by helping to make the public aware of the awful complacency and the arrogant greed of the Brussels crowd, both for their own material benefits and political power.
  13. Do you think you are a BIG ENGLANDER then? In the 2 clips I posted earlier he was saying what most people I know were saying, why on earth dont some of the other mainstream politicians have the guts to ask the same questions, is because they are too afraid to question the EU which seems to have become the gravytrain for failed ex British politicians like the Kinnocks, Ashton & Mandelbum?
  14. I think it is because he has protested a bit too much about politics, european politics and the gravy trains thereof whilst practicing politics. He also has been singularly unsuccessful at the polls over the years when standing in his own right, as opposed to on a party list...which is interesting.

15. He can say what he likes, as he has nothing to lose. Those in the mainstream have a tendency to lose their jobs if they don't toe the party line. Funny how every outspoken politician is saying 'what we are all thinking'. Strangely enough he doesn't speak for me. if he spoke for most of us as you claim, he'd be Prime Minister. As he isn't, then you should accept that he doesn't, and therefore stop talking shite.