Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by GW Master, Mar 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once got asked by a Nig, what Nig meant, did`nt have a clue, anyway ex 1 RTR back in the 70s, we had lots of Tank Regiments back then, and Tanks to spare, as much as you guys are doing a great job, you are not getting the backing and support of your leaders, and them twats in Whitehall, say no more!!!! there were Four RTR Regts when I joined and in the years since I have seen some of the good old Regiments completely disappear, and RTR whittled down to just one, I know the same can be said of Infantry and other units, but this latest announcement just sticks in my throat, right, off me soapbox, bring on the lunacy, its them Infantry types I can`t stand, Take cover!!!!!!!!!!
  2. New in Green.

Close the door on your way out.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for that, he came out with an equally plausible answer by the way, "New in Garrison", but your never to old to learn, Old dog new tricks and all that Cheers
  4. Eeee, I bet Sinner has nicked him at some stage.
  5. Imbecile
  6. Sprog.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

The Vietnam term was FNG, which, because the Nam was cool and we lifted slang from it, got abbreviated to NG, which, by some miraculous process, became Nig in the British Army. You could also drop poontang into the conversation if you're feeling hip but you need to be at least 6'2" and naturally rhythmic to carry that off.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. No one cares what you think.
  9. Now thats the spirit, Grunt is it, why I`ve never been so insulted in my life, but am betting its about to start, its nice to be back in the Naafi
  10. Feeling Hip gave me the second laugh of the day.
  11. The only time I feel Hip, is when it hurts, which these days is quite often
  12. it was always New Intake Gunner or New in Gunnery for us, but then I guess it would be!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Oh Dear, this from someone who used to operate in a highly expensive, mobile crematorium.....

For your delectation, and mind the door doesn't bang you on the arse on the way out...:skull:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. And black
  15. NIG was in use when I joined in 1959 so the Vietnam link is bollocks. Back in the day it was short for Nig-Nog, someone who knew nothing in otherwise a new recruit.