Nienburg

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Hitch, Feb 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone served in Nienburg? Maybe you'll enjoy seeing these? They're of Mudra-Kaserne in 1938. What was the name used by the Germans??? Was it Mudra-Kaserne? What did the British call it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course...if you have more, PM me

2. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

THE HORROR....................................THE HORROR......................

it was Mudra Kaserne.....

is that second picture of the gate by 45 Sqns block, with the NAAFI up the road?

the main gate was round the corner next to 4 Sqns block later on.

Where did you get those?

3. The British name was Assaye Bks, but try getting a taxi driver to understand that on the way back from voices :roll:

Ahhhh, Nienburg.......Happy Days 8O

4. yeah thats the gate by 45 Block. I bet there's no Sqn bars in the Attic though and further to walk from blondies.

5. Remember when dog sqn decided to shoot miniflares and fireworks purchased from the grosso at all the locals celebrating beating england Italia 90 on by driving up and down the Berlinerring. Indeed happy days

6. No fire escape parties in those days though. I can just make out my old bunk.... flashbacks!!!!

7. that second picture looks like what the camp must have been like when a certain (SS)m B---ke was there, according to all the stories from lads i know.

i have worked for the man since he got commissioned & can well believe the stories are nothing but the truth.

8. blimey!!! my old room visable. good job the fire escapes were installed to make a rapid entry with your bollocknase from the bp hatchway!!!

9. A mate of mine drove round there last year and Dog Sqn block is now the Polizei station...he did not find out if the bar was still there

10. I was in 7 squadron which was through the main gate past the NAAFI block, turn right, on your left. I was a sqn pti in 1978-80. One year it rained ice, and the main road was used as an ice rink by all.

11. What an awsome posting that was. I was in 4 Fd Sqn 92 till we left for Traz.
    Went past the old camp last year and its now a police station (dog and 45 blocks) what a sad event. NAAFI is still standing though.
    :) :) :) :)

12. Ha I remember the firework and mini flare incident with dog sqn. Especially when 4 sqn returned fire and lit one of the curtain in dog sqn! Yep Happy days! :D

13. How do i get the pictures to come up?

14. Same here, no pics opening -- was also ex 4 sqn, great times, great posting, great bunch of guys, ahh blondies - and falling asleep in the park on the way back to camp, who remembers the animals in the park, till some sick fuxxer set fire to their building !!!!

15. I was there in the late sixties in 4 Fld Sqn then across the square to 45 Fld Sup Sqn. Also there was 1 Fld Sqn & 66 Sqn RCT. Great memories. Remember one time some civvie workers were digging behind one of the blocks and dug up some relics from WW2. Some weapons and a few German helmets I believe. The provo Sgt being a right b*st*rd kept the helmets (you can imagine the state they were in) and got whoever was in jail to use plenty of wire wool,brasso & elbow grease. Those helmets ended up looking like they had been dipped in silver. Anyone remember those helmets?