Nidal Hasan Sentenced

Discussion in 'US' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Ah well.

3. So how are they going to do it, lethal injection or traditional Firing Squad?

4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

It's what he wanted, I'm sure. Those Raisins are waiting for him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good, good, lets move on....

6. Lethal Injection does seem a bit too humane really. Can the injection be bleach perhaps ?

7. View attachment 136823

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'd read something last week regarding that and I think the last execution of a serving soldier was in the early (Mid?) 60s or similar but that there were a number on Death Row who had been there a while.

Edit: Aye, here we go. 1961

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/23/major-nidal-hasan-fort-hood-shooting

9. I'm an opponent of the death penalty and if we had a vote on it, I'd vote against it but there are some crimes that are so appalling that anybody would be hard put to argue that that individual shouldn't be put to death given that the death penalty is there.

This person certainly fits that situation.

Oh and by the way Nidal, you don't mind me calling you that do you son now that you are just a ranker. There aren't any virgins or anything like that mate. You will just be dead and rotting in the ground. Have a good ponder about that while you are sitting in your cage waiting for the time to run out.

• Like Like x 8
  10. If that were true, then all the red Christian martyrs are not martyrs, as they all had their lives taken in a similar manner. So, sorry, but this prosecutor is just talking bollocks.

11. Maybe he would prefer a more traditional jihadist execution.

I'll have 2 sharps, 2 flats and a packet of gravel, please.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Oh dear so sad never mind.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

13. I imagine that, being a psyhciatrist, he will give his prison psychologist a few case notes to write up. I think it will be a long time before they actually get round to executing him.

14. You describe the method of disposal of many many Christian martyrs, from St Stephen, via St Andrew, St Jeanne d'Arc, St Thomas More, Thomas Cranmer, right through to the modern age. So, your new definition of a term which has for millenia included many people executed by the State now renders most of the famous Christian martyrs as nothing more than executed criminals. Either that, or you and Col Mulligan are wrong.

• Like Like x 1