Nicolas Sarkozy bans tall bodyguards

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Jun 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ah, another sane policy

"President Sarkozy is notoriously sensitive and secretive about his diminutive height of around 5ft 5 ins – making him shorter than Napoleon.

He has gone out of his way not to stand small on the world stage or when next to his 5ft 10 ins former model wife, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, who mostly wears flat pumps.

Besides wearing specially-designed stacked shoes, Mr Sarkozy has been caught standing on tiptoes in global leader group shots and stood on a box to remain shoulder to shoulder with Barack Obama, the US President, when the pair gave speeches to commemorate the Normandy landings last year.

But his most controversial move to date on the height front was when his aides bussed in a group of factory workers last September who claimed they had been picked to appear alongside the French leader because they were short."

2. Jesus, there may be a job for me then, oh wait..................................can't stand the French. Oh well.
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Short bloke with power; short bloke with attitude?

Je ne vois pas de différence!

Personally speaking, of course....... :D
  4. Winston Churchill was only 5'6"½-5'7". :wink:

Clearly not short on what matters!

I'd never ask nor expect anyone to suit my standards because of height. It's preposterous. As a man he ought to take the jibes on the chin and get on with it. Those "heel raises" are minimal anyway!
  5. Sarkozy has to have something going for him... I mean, just look at Carla!
  6. Maybe he's getting those lost inches in somewhere else?
  7. It all sounds like a tall story to me!!!
  8. How could anyone stoop so low?
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Well, all the more easier for a sniper to take him out. With the giant bodyguards, at least there was a chance one of them would take a bullet first. Now all the shooter needs to do is aim into the middle of a group of dwarves.
  10. A severe case of small angry man syndrome

And thats why its so much fun to see him been taken through the ranks of the Guards regiments on parade :lol: :lol:
  11. So I take it he hired Oompa Loompas?
  12. He's obviously never seen/read Day of the Jackal.
  13. He has scored himself some nice women however. Could it be the old saying "big man, big d1ck, little man all d1ck". I recall that Ava Gardener said something similar with regard to Frank Sinatra.
  14. I'm thinking the loverly Carla is more attracted to his power rather than his charming Giant Rat looks.
  15. "Ah, M. Sarkyossie, vous êtes celui. Rappelez-vous juste M. He-who- pulled-his-bone-apart, il était sur cinq pieds lambiner-tous ...... vous fek-pot......!" :hump: :toilet: