Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicola Sturgeon - whither the SNP

Is Sturgeon's time as First Minister of Scotland coming to an end

• Yes - she is dooomed

Votes: 126 48.3%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Don't know

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 77 29.5%

• Total voters

Tyk

LE
I gave you a funny, but it's worrying that these people walk among us.

True, that text is quite alarming in a how can that bloke be for real manner.
Not because of the fairly silly threat implied, a lot of water in England comes directly from Wales, various Northern counties and numerous rivers and much of the oil isn't North Sea either, it's the idiotic nature of the blackmail that wouldn't work.

Tyk

LE

Robotic voiced, but interesting. George Galloway is of debatable value, but he's got a nose for scandal.
Very interesting that an official has asked for a change to the account of when they knew about harassment complaints which looks like someone preserving their pension at least and possibly their liberty.

No, no not according to a comment in The National this morning

View attachment 542180 :omfg: :rofl:
I see the problem there. A cyberNAT has quoted an SNP backed website as factually correct. It’s a bit like a neo-Nazi quoting the protocols of the elders of Zion as a reference document for their belief.

It worries me that Nicola’s about to let the loons out again. I was hoping not to be seeing cumstain5 again.

Last edited:
I see the problem there. A cyberNAT has quoted an SNP backed website as factually correct. It’s a bit like a neon Nazi quoting the protocols of the elders of Zion as a reference document for their belief.

It worries me that Nicola’s about to let the loons out again. I was hoping not to be seeing cumstain5 again.

So would disco Hitler be a neon Nazi?

True, that text is quite alarming in a how can that bloke be for real manner.
Not because of the fairly silly threat implied, a lot of water in England comes directly from Wales, various Northern counties and numerous rivers and much of the oil isn't North Sea either, it's the idiotic nature of the blackmail that wouldn't work.
Indeed. The idea of exporting Scottish water gets discussed from time to time, but (apart from premium bottled water) no Scottish water whatsoever is presently exported to England.

Tyk

LE
Indeed. The idea of exporting Scottish water gets discussed from time to time, but (apart from premium bottled water) no Scottish water whatsoever is presently exported to England.

I can't say that surprises me in the slightest although I didn't know it for a fact.
When the Victorians went all out on providing clean water for the rapidly growing English cities (to counter cholera) they built thousands of reservoirs in the soggier and upland bits of the North and Wales with massive water mains, most of those are still in use, never likely to change.

I see the problem there. A cyberNAT has quoted an SNP backed website as factually correct. It’s a bit like a neo-Nazi quoting the protocols of the elders of Zion as a reference document for their belief.

I think Info Ops has taken his place judging by his posts on the Scottish politics thread.

View attachment 542112

Stranger thins hve happened. Possibly not in time for Holyrood elections this year but by the next general election who knows?

Despite the SNP narrative and a succesful media campaign Sturgeon and Co do not speak for the entire population of Scotland.
Things do indeed change. Look at Northern Ireland, in my lifetime that constituency map was entirely orange, with the exception of the little sliver of West Belfast, now look at it, it looks like one of those maps showing the disappearance of the Brazilian rainforests in reverse. Granted the orange was absurdly over-represented even then but still, it's astonishing how something that seemed set in concrete can change so quickly.

Scotland has voted before & lost.

Its only fair that the rest of the UK gets a vote on Scottish independence so we can **** them off.

I believe its largely the south east of England which makes money ?

So we can **** Northern Ireland off too, some nutters in Cornwell want to leave, IMHO they can **** off too.....

Wales is is 2 towns & some hills, they can **** off too.

The North of England is largely full of jobless benefit cheats, we should **** them off too.

Now the he difficult bit....... where does the North of England start ?

I say build a wall just south of the M62, that way we we loose Liverpool, Bradford, Leeds & Hull

If people form these shit holes which to remain in England they can be relocated to Grimsby, Scunthorpe & Doncaster. They'd probably not even notice ;)

Scotland has voted before & lost.

Its only fair that the rest of the UK gets a vote on Scottish independence so we can **** them off.

I believe its largely the south east of England which makes money ?

So we can **** Northern Ireland off too, some nutters in Cornwell want to leave, IMHO they can **** off too.....

Wales is is 2 towns & some hills, they can **** off too.

The North of England is largely full of jobless benefit cheats, we should **** them off too.

Now the he difficult bit....... where does the North of England start ?

I say build a wall just south of the M62, that way we we loose Liverpool, Bradford, Leeds & Hull

If people form these shit holes which to remain in England they can be relocated to Grimsby, Scunthorpe & Doncaster. They'd probably not even notice ;)
Whilst I broadly concur with your M62 plan, I would suggest we keep Leeds as an enclave, bit like West Berlin, if you like. I've been recently after a 30 year gap & the city centre at least is very pleasent.

Truxx

LE
Should there be an Indyref 2 (personally I feel the last one should have put it to bed for at least 50 years) I wonder how it would actually go.
The one thing that the NO campaign would absolutely have to do is avoid (as much as it's possible) being labelled as Project Fear while at the same time putting the realities in front of the voters. I'm inclined to think that's a big ask as the negatives are pretty damn scary and the positives are just more of the same which the SNP love to paint as all bad.

In truth what do the assembled posters with a feel for it (I'm not working with a bunch of Jocks like I was at the time of the last one) think a vote result would look like? I suspect that it would be a lot closer than the 55/45 last time which I look on as emphatic.
My daughter set up and ran a section of the treasury in Holyrood during the last once in a lifetime indyref. There had not been one before and it was felt that the nats were getting away with murder (well, unjustified financial and economic claims anyway) and her team arrived, late in the day, maybe almost too late. But since then they have been all over the sums and know where most of the skeletons are buried.

. I think next time around there will be much more scope for what we now know as "fact checking" in other words a plain and transparent counter narrative running in parallel to any of the usual pish transmitted. Add to that a current push back from Westminster with some very strong "UK" branding which in time will make it much easier to paint a positive picture. I think too that much will have been learned from the effect of Projekt fear, and with luck that will not be seen as advantageous.

My daughter set up and ran a section of the treasury in Holyrood during the last once in a lifetime indyref. There had not been one before and it was felt that the nats were getting away with murder (well, unjustified financial and economic claims anyway) and her team arrived, late in the day, maybe almost too late. But since then they have been all over the sums and know where most of the skeletons are buried.

. I think next time around there will be much more scope for what we now know as "fact checking" in other words a plain and transparent counter narrative running in parallel to any of the usual pish transmitted. Add to that a current push back from Westminster with some very strong "UK" branding which in time will make it much easier to paint a positive picture. I think too that much will have been learned from the effect of Projekt fear, and with luck that will not be seen as advantageous.
You do know who coined the the term "Project Fear" in respect of independence referendums? And who saw it as good propaganda so nicked it?

Latest Threads