• Don't care

Votes: 111 29.2%

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
yes a few hundred years ago the countries wealthy fully bought into the Panama canal swindle that totally failed leaving them, and the whole country, completely bankrupt and having to beg England to bail us out - now the SNP are trying to sell a similar pie in the sky scheme that would see Scotland immediately bankrupt, unable to pay for services or even borrow money - if that happened and the SNP had to repeat the lessons of the past and beg on their knees to England to save them I could quite easily envisage sturgeon and her cult hanging from the lampposts!

Chef

LE
yes a few hundred years ago the countries wealthy fully bought into the Panama canal swindle that totally failed leaving them, and the whole country, completely bankrupt and having to beg England to bail us out - now the SNP are trying to sell a similar pie in the sky scheme that would see Scotland immediately bankrupt, unable to pay for services or even borrow money - if that happened and the SNP had to repeat the lessons of the past and beg on their knees to England to save them I could quite easily envisage sturgeon and her cult hanging from the lampposts!
This is the badger
Same area as the canal but a couple of centuries earlier.

The problem, because of all the anti English hatred they've created, is would England tell them to do wan? Who could blame them if they did?

Diogenes' limp

War Hero
I'm inclined to agree with you with the caveat that for as long as I can remember anyone from Scotland speaking about Scottish matters on the news has pretty much always been Scottish themselves.

I've always had the feeling, hopefully mistaken, that being English makes working in Scotland that little bit harder. Not so much being Scottish in England.

Cue posts from Scottish readers starting,

'Some of my best friends are English...':)
Some of my best friends are English dit bearing on strata.

As mentioned, a friend living here is Joctoroon but speaks with a Received Pronunciation accent.

Classic Edinburgh client, twin set - pearls - you'll have had your tea Miss Brodie type, suddenly fixes him with imperious eye and enquires 'are you English ---- or just an educated Scot?

I suspect no matter how politically exalted, Mrs Murrell will find no entrée into the salons of Edinburgh.

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
at least we now know what she is spending the Westminster issued business covid relief money on

Don’t worry. Salmond did the same and it was comprehensively ripped apart as fantasy.

But remember folks, Tony Blair put the infrastructure in place to allow this mess to be allowed in the first place.

mrboo

LE
Snap 2022-01-28 at 15.19.58.png

Chef

LE
Don’t worry. Salmond did the same and it was comprehensively ripped apart as fantasy.

But remember folks, Tony Blair put the infrastructure in place to allow this mess to be allowed in the first place.
A Scotsman, educated at Fettes so the Scottish version of Eton educated professional politico David Cameron.

I'd count the spoons if either of them came to my house.

Latest Threads