Votes: 185 48.7%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 36 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 48 12.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 111 29.2%

• Total voters
From the Express. Gordon Brown knows a thing or two about austerity.

1642281098664.png

'50 years of austerity!' Gordon Brown issues Nicola Sturgeon terrifying indyref2 warning

A CyberNat has been busy posting his anti-British propaganda in the comments, comparing the Union flag with a swastika. The irony of SNP appeasement to the Nazis is lost on him.

It will probably come as no surprise to this forum that Nicola Sturgeons handling of Covid has been absolutely terrible throughout and that her hatred for boJo and the English twists her so much she has consistently tried to nonsensically 'outdo' Westminster at every turn and failed miserably whilst destroying lives and livelihoods in Scotland. The data below proves it but we have no opposition or independent Scottish media to hold her to account - just think how many more Scots have died and/or suffered as a result of this megalomaniac bampot

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
It will probably come as no surprise to this forum that Nicola Sturgeons handling of Covid has been absolutely terrible throughout and that her hatred for boJo and the English twists her so much she has consistently tried to nonsensically 'outdo' Westminster at every turn and failed miserably whilst destroying lives and livelihoods in Scotland. The data below proves it but we have no opposition or independent Scottish media to hold her to account - just think how many more Scots have died and/or suffered as a result of this megalomaniac bampot

It would make an interesting study to determine why cases are higher in Scotland. I doubt if it because of the different restrictions although they don’t seem to have helped.

It may be because of the different demographic. Different areas in England have deviated from the norm by quite significant amounts perhaps if we compared Scotland to somewhere with similar demographics we might feel differently about the result.

It may even be argued that some areas in England may have fared better with tighter restrictions. Blackpool, for example.

It would make an interesting study to determine why cases are higher in Scotland. I doubt if it because of the different restrictions although they don’t seem to have helped.

It may be because of the different demographic. Different areas in England have deviated from the norm by quite significant amounts perhaps if we compared Scotland to somewhere with similar demographics we might feel differently about the result.

It may even be argued that some areas in England may have fared better with tighter restrictions. Blackpool, for example.

just before I respond - I am triple vaxxed!

we've known the answer for nearly 2 years -

1. when you lockdown, you lock in the young with the old and that puts the old more at risk plus larger family groups are living/breathing in the same small environment with the windows closed in the winter
2. the virus doesn't live long outside when exposed to UV and you are in fresh moving air so being outdoors and active reduces your risk of catching it
3. Non N95 Masks are practically useless
4. vaccine passports do nothing - the most extreme restricted places have the highest spread eg New York, Gibraltar, Israel
5. working from home or movement restrictions make people less active and far more unhealthy in the long run

When England opened up and removed masks last July the covid numbers fell pretty swiftly whilst the Scottish covid rate remained higher throughout the rest of 2021 and that continues to the present day

The Scottish unhealthyness is probably no worse than the yanks but over there the states with the hardest lockdown and covid measures are doing far worse than those with the least covid measures so its not the health, its the policy difference

If Nicola Sturgeons covid measures work, why aren't they working?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
just before I respond - I am triple vaxxed!

we've known the answer for nearly 2 years -

1. when you lockdown, you lock in the young with the old and that puts the old more at risk plus larger family groups are living/breathing in the same small environment with the windows closed in the winter
2. the virus doesn't live long outside when exposed to UV and you are in fresh moving air so being outdoors and active reduces your risk of catching it
3. Non N95 Masks are practically useless
4. vaccine passports do nothing - the most extreme restricted places have the highest spread eg New York, Gibraltar, Israel
5. working from home or movement restrictions make people less active and far more unhealthy in the long run

When England opened up and removed masks last July the covid numbers fell pretty swiftly whilst the Scottish covid rate remained higher throughout the rest of 2021 and that continues to the present day

The Scottish unhealthyness is probably no worse than the yanks but over there the states with the hardest lockdown and covid measures are doing far worse than those with the least covid measures so its not the health, its the policy difference

If Nicola Sturgeons covid measures work, why aren't they working?
My bold - it's obvious innit? All the fault of Boris/Westmonster, nothing to do with St Nicola (pbuh).

My bold - it's obvious innit? All the fault of Boris/Westmonster, nothing to do with St Nicola (pbuh).

just imagine we had someone who actually directly asked Sturgeon to explain why her policies are such a dismal failure and forced her to answer the question! - I'm talking about covid here but I'd equally welcome the very same question on every other area of governance shes failed at

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
just imagine we had someone who actually directly asked Sturgeon to explain why her policies are such a dismal failure and forced her to answer the question! - I'm talking about covid here but I'd equally welcome the very same question on every other area of governance shes failed at
And be treated with contempt like the journo who asked about easing of restrictions at one of her PPBs Covid briefings. She insulted him and asked if he had heard a word she had said. Two weeks later she does exactly what the journo was asking about!

Does she even listen to herself? Sturgeon will accept no blame, no opprobrium, no admission of wrongdoing - all she accepts are the accolades from her Cult (yes, I spelled that correctly!)

mrdude

On ROPS
On ROPs
If you asked her any question she doesn't want to answer, she feigns the "I can't recall that" routine. She's a scummy megalomaniac dictator, hated by the people who don't get to chose who the leader of the SNP is. The only reason the SNP are voted for is because Labour are basically now the Communist Labour Party and everyone hates commies & the cons are even more hated in Scotland than the SNP are - probably because anywhere north of London never gets anything built, and anything north of Hadrian's wall may as well be on Jupiter as far as the cons are concerned (apart from votes and taxes from oil fields etc).

In all seriousness I genuinely hope Queen Nicola has a plan to de-programme the covid fear she and her scaremongers created.

according to his dad, my 10 year old nephew up in Orkney has now developed a nervous twitch, is mask addicted and petrified of catching covid and I'm sure he wont be the only one. I, myself, travelled to England on a 3 day work trip last September and it took me 2 of those days to chill out and get used to not wearing a mask and acting normally like the English guys I was meeting/working with.

we must not underestimate the deliberate psychological programming Sturgeon engaged in, in party political broadcast after broadcast completely unchecked by the media or opposition politicians and sadly, a lot of Scots tuned into watch her and plenty actually believed her.

Its not until you're in a non dictatorship that you realise the habits you have adopted and have become the norm

In all seriousness I genuinely hope Queen Nicola has a plan to de-programme the covid fear she and her scaremongers created.

according to his dad, my 10 year old nephew up in Orkney has now developed a nervous twitch, is mask addicted and petrified of catching covid and I'm sure he wont be the only one. I, myself, travelled to England on a 3 day work trip last September and it took me 2 of those days to chill out and get used to not wearing a mask and acting normally like the English guys I was meeting/working with.

we must not underestimate the deliberate psychological programming Sturgeon engaged in, in party political broadcast after broadcast completely unchecked by the media or opposition politicians and sadly, a lot of Scots tuned into watch her and plenty actually believed her.

Its not until you're in a non dictatorship that you realise the habits you have adopted and have become the norm
Whilst I agree to a certain extent on your post I think you may be going a bit OTT. Over the past few months I have noticed more and more people "forgetting their masks" when entering shops and not sanitising their hands or the shopping trolley. Then we had the unprcedented move by hoards of young Scots going south for Hogmannay!
My point is, that many people in Scotland have stopped listening to chief mammy and her party political, anti English broadcasts. The figures for the Omnicrom variant do not match her doom and gloom, Boris is wrong whining. She has already U turned on football crowds and that is only the start. She won't follow the science, but she will follow public opinion.

NSP

LE
Ahem, Post #10,888

Please send copyright fees to the usual address.

(Great minds think alike :-D :-D :-D :-D )
Like I've got time to read every page of catch-up.

Besides, mine's got the fringe as well as the 'tache.

And they're actually Adolfs...

tongue-out-emoji.gif

Whilst I agree to a certain extent on your post I think you may be going a bit OTT. Over the past few months I have noticed more and more people "forgetting their masks" when entering shops and not sanitising their hands or the shopping trolley. Then we had the unprcedented move by hoards of young Scots going south for Hogmannay!
My point is, that many people in Scotland have stopped listening to chief mammy and her party political, anti English broadcasts. The figures for the Omnicrom variant do not match her doom and gloom, Boris is wrong whining. She has already U turned on football crowds and that is only the start. She won't follow the science, but she will follow public opinion.

the problem is that there is still a complete division between those who obey and those who dont , my brother thinks the only way he will get my nephew to snap out of his fear is for him to actually catch covid!

- I totally agree with you that in the last 4 or 5 months I have seen more and more people not wearing masks and ignoring her but I am often shocked at work meetings (home working) when I hear young fit people on the call still talking about not wanting to go back into the office because of the 'danger' or being quite happy to carry on wearing masks long after covid is over because the people in the office are 'dirty bastards'

- I am genuinely surprised when people say these things but I can assure you that there are more around than you'd think and some people are genuinely still terrified and push back hard on things like a reduction in distance between office desks or getting rid of one way systems - of course, some are just not wanting to go back into work because they like working from home but many others are still fully bought in to the fear.

Therefore, I think as this covid eases that sturgeon - and for that matter the rest of the politicians in the UK, need to start to use the self same 'nudge' tactics to reverse what they deliberately instigated before

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
the problem is that there is still a complete division between those who obey and those who dont , my brother thinks the only way he will get my nephew to snap out of his fear is for him to actually catch covid!

- I totally agree with you that in the last 4 or 5 months I have seen more and more people not wearing masks and ignoring her but I am often shocked at work meetings (home working) when I hear young fit people on the call still talking about not wanting to go back into the office because of the 'danger' or being quite happy to carry on wearing masks long after covid is over because the people in the office are 'dirty bastards'

- I am genuinely surprised when people say these things but I can assure you that there are more around than you'd think and some people are genuinely still terrified and push back hard on things like a reduction in distance between office desks or getting rid of one way systems - of course, some are just not wanting to go back into work because they like working from home but many others are still fully bought in to the fear.

Therefore, I think as this covid eases that sturgeon - and for that matter the rest of the politicians in the UK, need to start to use the self same 'nudge' tactics to reverse what they deliberately instigated before
You are ignoring the fact that people are still becoming seriously I’ll in quite large numbers. Some of these illnesses are life changing.

Hospital admissions are still high and patients in ITU are still high. Deaths are down, not least because treatments have become better.

Most people will be asymptomatic or will experience mild cold like symptoms but are you saying those who’s lives may be ruined don’t matter?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Are these people vaccinated?
The assumption behind your question is largely correct. It’s the unvax’d who are the majority of seriously ill but there are still a significant number of vaxxed getting ill.

From what I’m hearing we are emerging from the worst but we are not out of the woods and should not become complacent.

Last edited: