Votes: 179 48.5%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 36 9.8%
  • Don't know

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 106 28.7%

• Total voters
You are correct in many ways. Perhaps my detestation of what's happening in Westminster is clouding my judgement.
Perhaps you welsh fvck-knuckles should use your 3 Westminster seats to better influence the 600+ so you can get more money your own way from the English tax payer/Westminster, instead of trying to ride on the coattails of the failed movement of the scotch for indepence.
Or will you stick to threatening to burn down properties owned by the English as you have in your very own dedicated "Hate the English" thread.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This isn't the thread for that debate - I suggest you start one.

Given he's still infesting this one rather than a Welsh politics would suggest that he's not for starting anything else

Diogenes' limp

War Hero
In short, Sturgeon only communicates, hate, division, fear and blame of her own failures elsewhere to less than 40% of a small country and a supportive press whilst BoJo is trying to communicate moderate governance to the whole country, including Scotland, NI and Wales and wider to the international community under the scrutiny of a largely hostile press - Apples and Pears
Absolutely, but apparently that is not a consideration in assembling a comparative table of articulacy on an entirely unbiased and fully scientific basis, for the promulgation of understanding and fullest avoidance of doubt.
As Ms Sturgeon has said so many times.

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
Absolutely, but apparently that is not a consideration in assembling a comparative table of articulacy on an entirely unbiased and fully scientific basis, for the promulgation of understanding and fullest avoidance of doubt.
As Ms Sturgeon has said so many times.
She doesn't half talk some shite

It grits my teeth when someone starts a sentence with 'Look,' which she does frequently when presented with a mildly challenging question or opposing outlook. It comes across as someone looking to admonish and belittle rather than continue to encourage discussion on the topic.
If you mentally add the word 'here', the meaning becomes clearer. It's a favourite of Tone, from whom she may have lifted it. This anonymous comment was made a few years ago in response to a question about Blair's irritating habit (one of many):

The OED definition of 'look here' is interesting - 'a brusque mode of address prefacing an order, expostulation, reprimand, etc' - as this very much relates to the Blair usage. My impression is that he uses 'look' only when he's irritated by the way an interview is going, and wants to restate or amplify a point.

Dredd

LE
Wales has made great steps forward. There will be two new Welsh-medium schools built next year. The education standard is High. Those who use the dying language argument, miss the point completely. Welsh was taken from the nation by those in Westminster at the time. It is ours to take back. If they could speak it, they would not have the same attitude. It's no longer a decision that's made in London. Apple spell check does it's own thing and im not in a grammar competition, I enjoy watching them correct my grammar, but lose the argument.

Really? What evidence do you have of that, as a deliberate policy?

It certainly has been in Scotland in the past, but I don't recall a similar thing occurring in Wales.

It is interesting that the Scottish Parliament had actively attempted to eradicate it in the 15th to 17th centuries (yes, pre-dating the Union of the Crowns and definitely before the Union of the Parliaments). Once again we find Westminster being blamed for something that doesn't bear even minimal scrutiny.

If you mentally add the word 'here', the meaning becomes clearer. It's a favourite of Tone, from whom she may have lifted it. This anonymous comment was made a few years ago in response to a question about Blair's irritating habit (one of many):

The OED definition of 'look here' is interesting - 'a brusque mode of address prefacing an order, expostulation, reprimand, etc' - as this very much relates to the Blair usage. My impression is that he uses 'look' only when he's irritated by the way an interview is going, and wants to restate or amplify a point.
I'm also at the front of the queue for wanting to instantly baseball bat the politician starting his response to a question with either, "Now Look", "Look Here" or "Look".
Blair wasn't alone. It appears that politicians who are incapable of considering or indeed caring about the perceived way that premise comes over to the recipient are numerous.
By far the worst pretend politician to repeatedly use that term was Paddy Pantsdown followed by Neil Kinnock. I also note, on the few times I have heard him waffle, his son has also picked up the habit although being a Welscher, he defers to the "Look You" bit and confuses the two.
Ashdown wins/won by a large margin as we were remined to "Look now" at the start of every sentence the bloviating windbag had to say.

She is more likely to use "Here You!" (weegies will get it)

It grits my teeth when someone starts a sentence with 'Look,' which she does frequently when presented with a mildly challenging question or opposing outlook. It comes across as someone looking to admonish and belittle rather than continue to encourage discussion on the topic.
It's also that nasty little laugh she does when she's asked a question, as if the interviewer is an idiot for even considering asking her such a stupid question. It's really boils my piss and is one of the (many) reasons I cant watch her.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The new definition of eloquent, is now apparently a series of variations upon the theme of "I cannae remember that "

Hitler, Napoleon, Stalin, Mussolini T Blair etc. were all eloquent.

The frustrating thing is that someone will make this observation on the news and it actually invites serious responses such as "So you condone Fascism, Nazism, Anti-Semitism, genocide, questionable middle Eastern conflicts etc?!" and then the discussion grinds to a halt while people waste time clarifying their stances across a whole spectrum of subjects while the main topic of discussion is forgotten about.

That's what passes for political discourse on the news nowadays.

Different country? Wales isn't a country, it is a Principality of England! :)

Really? What evidence do you have of that, as a deliberate policy?

It certainly has been in Scotland in the past, but I don't recall a similar thing occurring in Wales.

It is interesting that the Scottish Parliament had actively attempted to eradicate it in the 15th to 17th centuries (yes, pre-dating the Union of the Crowns and definitely before the Union of the Parliaments). Once again we find Westminster being blamed for something that doesn't bear even minimal scrutiny.

Google the Welsh (K)Not.
Not Westminster mandated per se but not discouraged either.

Our Tone was also an adept user of The Clinton Thumb:

Exhibit 1, m'lud:

alg_tony_blair1.jpg

Our Tone was also an adept user of The Clinton Thumb:

Exhibit 1, m'lud:

alg_tony_blair1.jpg

We got a new head. First time we, the staff, met him was last day of summer term, where he addressed all the staff in the theatre before our end of year BBQ. As soon as he did the thumb, we all knew we were fceked. He lasted 3 years. I and lots of other experienced staff, those with 5 plus years) all fceked off to pastures new by his 4th term. Toxic.

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
Perhaps you welsh fvck-knuckles should use your 3 Westminster seats to better influence the 600+ so you can get more money your own way from the English tax payer/Westminster, instead of trying to ride on the coattails of the failed movement of the scotch for indepence.
Or will you stick to threatening to burn down properties owned by the English as you have in your very own dedicated "Hate the English" thread.
Set one up and put my name down spunk trumpet.

Latest Threads