Votes: 179 48.5%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 36 9.8%
  • Don't know

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 106 28.7%

• Total voters
I've asked a couple of straightforward questions and all I have got back is rhetoric. It's not bollox mate, that's the language from a proud nation of people who live on the same Island as you. The ignorance is the reason why we have had a gob full of being ruled by London, just like some our misinformed. deluded Scottish brethren.
Fixed that for you. Luckily the majority of us Scots are perfectly happy being ruled by London. Neither you nor the SNP speak for us, thanks.

Last edited:
I've asked a couple of straightforward questions
And what were they?
I must of missed them. All I 've got from you so far is the whining of a delusional Welsh nationalist who is posting on a thread about Scotland and the SNP.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Some people said we would never leave the EU. Although if you look back at the thread I was one of the few that said it would happen @Auld-Yin if you can remember those interesting chats.
Being correct once does not...........

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
Being correct once does not...........
Oh I've been correct on many an occasion. Future forecasts, Johnson will be gone by the summer replaced by JH, trade war with France, global recession, Scotland voting for independence before 2025. England once again getting to the semi-finals of the Euros/WC and falling apart. It's a brave new world..

Well you have you're own Grand Lodge, why not go the full hog ?
I looked at that, and immediately had one of those WTF faces as I read it. I've seen your well reasoned, intelligent posts on other threads, so I know you're not a stupid man..........so whats going on in your head when you post on this thread?
Is it a Nationalist thing? Where you lose all sense and reason when it comes to ridiculous nationalism? Because I know people who support the SNP, who outwith that support are great, funny, well spoken people to be around, one in particular who is a good friend and an ex ranker all the way to Captain, but mention or disparage the SNP in any way and it's like they get hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat and their brains dribble out of their ears and they become raving nationalist loonies!
It's really beyond me.

I looked at that, and immediately had one of those WTF faces as I read it. I've seen your well reasoned, intelligent posts on other threads, so I know you're not a stupid man..........so whats going on in your head when you post on this thread?
Is it a Nationalist thing? Where you lose all sense and reason when it comes to ridiculous nationalism? Because I know people who support the SNP, who outwith that support are great, funny, well spoken people to be around, one in particular who is a good friend and an ex ranker all the way to Captain, but mention or disparage the SNP in any way and it's like they get hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat and their brains dribble out of their ears and they become raving nationalist loonies!
It's really beyond me.
I have a similar friend, runs his own successful business, nice familly, kids doing well at school etc.etc.
We have some great nights out and as long as we don't engage in any political discussions, we get on fine. We once got drunk and started on the referendum (just before it happened in 2014) It nearly ended in fisticuffs, so now we just don't bother. He definately votes with his heart as even he admits the benefits of the Union have helped his business.
It seems to me that Nationalists in general are like religeous sects. They have a firm belief in their ideas regardless of any facts that contradict them (a faith if you like), whereas most unionists are more moderate and open to new or different ideas (I did say most). I have tried several times including on here with Sixty to get a nationalist to explain even the basic questions on financing an independent Scotland. So far I have yet to get even a remotely sensible answer (that includes nationalist politicians as well)
The bigotry, hatred and history of Scotland and Scottish politics has allowed the SNP to ride roughshod over the country for over a decade. By that I mean there has always been a hatred of England and Westminster from Scots of all shades and the legacy of Thatcher has poisoned the Tories north of the border for decades. Labour have made themselves increasingly unelectable and so we have ended up where we are. To many south of the border (and some north of it too) this is a "clear sign" that the majority of Scots hate the union and want independence as soon as possible. As we saw in 2014, nothing could be further from the truth. The SNP have had a golden opportunity for over a decade to prove they were fit to run an independent country. They have failed in every department. It has taken an awful long time, but I see even some previous hardline nationalists are starting to soften. Health, education, public transport are all in decline. local services are cut or culled completely. We are paying more tax than our peers in England and horror of horrors we have to pay more for our swally!
I said in 2015 when the SNP won 56 of the 59 seats available and 50% of the popular vote, that it would be the high watermark of their succsess. I still stand by that.

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
It's really beyond me.
I was being serious. We don't have a grand lodge. Ours is the United GL of E&W. It's never Wales and England, just like the cricket. I would not consider myself a nationalist as I've no issue with anyone of any nation, colour, creed or gender coming to live in Wales. If anything it's the Rabid British Nationalists who throw a track when you mention wanting to leave a failed Westminster. Even though most think we are a bunch of dull thick Welshmen. Funny that..

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
I have a similar friend, runs his own successful business, nice familly, kids doing well at school etc.etc.
We have some great nights out and as long as we don't engage in any political discussions, we get on fine. We once got drunk and started on the referendum (just before it happened in 2014) It nearly ended in fisticuffs, so now we just don't bother. He definately votes with his heart as even he admits the benefits of the Union have helped his business.
It seems to me that Nationalists in general are like religeous sects. They have a firm belief in their ideas regardless of any facts that contradict them (a faith if you like), whereas most unionists are more moderate and open to new or different ideas (I did say most). I have tried several times including on here with Sixty to get a nationalist to explain even the basic questions on financing an independent Scotland. So far I have yet to get even a remotely sensible answer (that includes nationalist politicians as well)
The bigotry, hatred and history of Scotland and Scottish politics has allowed the SNP to ride roughshod over the country for over a decade. By that I mean there has always been a hatred of England and Westminster from Scots of all shades and the legacy of Thatcher has poisoned the Tories north of the border for decades. Labour have made themselves increasingly unelectable and so we have ended up where we are. To many south of the border (and some north of it too) this is a "clear sign" that the majority of Scots hate the union and want independence as soon as possible. As we saw in 2014, nothing could be further from the truth. The SNP have had a golden opportunity for over a decade to prove they were fit to run an independent country. They have failed in every department. It has taken an awful long time, but I see even some previous hardline nationalists are starting to soften. Health, education, public transport are all in decline. local services are cut or culled completely. We are paying more tax than our peers in England and horror of horrors we have to pay more for our swally!
I said in 2015 when the SNP won 56 of the 59 seats available and 50% of the popular vote, that it would be the high watermark of their succsess. I still stand by that.
I agree British Nationalists even attack the police..

Truxx

LE
Oh I've been correct on many an occasion. Future forecasts, Johnson will be gone by the summer replaced by JH, trade war with France, global recession, Scotland voting for independence before 2025. England once again getting to the semi-finals of the Euros/WC and falling apart. It's a brave new world..
Brotherton lad walt....

Latest Threads