Votes: 179 48.5%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 36 9.8%
  • Don't know

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 106 28.7%

• Total voters
I hate to say this and disagree with nearly all 45 x 45 says but as a Plymouth resident I have to say that the City Centre is dying. The very top end is now 80% empty shops (where Thomas Cook used to be) Debenhams has gone, House of Fraser will be gone soon. The walkway between TK Max and Tesco metro is often busy with sleeping bag inhabiting beggars. Whoever designed an open plan shopping centre in one of the windiest and wettest cities in the SW needs some pretty severe corrective training.
It is happening everywhere.

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
Which is why Plaid are happy to be their bitch for a sniff of power
All of the pledges that were in the Plaid manifesto have just been agreed in the Senedd by Labour. I’m not 100% behind the deal but It’s hardly being a bitch. More grown up politics that will help people.

It is happening everywhere.
I would say its happening EVERYwhere! - seriously, most towns these days are over run with empty shops, carry outs, barbers, nail salons and vape shops rather than 'traditional' shops - you can thank Mr amazon, asda and tesco etc. plus non stop lockdowns, masks and vaccine passports.

Cities like Glasgow have plenty of rough sleepers dossing in old shop doorways some of which, would refuse help if offered. we also have the organised gangs of eastern European beggars dropped off in the morning and picked up at night by their handlers

Common sense would tell you to reduce shop rent/rates, introduce free or cheap parking and to stop the war on the motorist trying to get to cities and towns to make them more competitive but we have idiots running the country and councils! - take a hit on taxation, regenerate the towns and peoples local pride and attitudes will improve, increase the local economy plus dissuade bad behaviours and the amount of low lives hanging around

I would say its happening EVERYwhere! - seriously, most towns these days are over run with empty shops, carry outs, barbers, nail salons and vape shops rather than 'traditional' shops - you can thank Mr amazon, asda and tesco etc. plus non stop lockdowns, masks and vaccine passports.

Cities like Glasgow have plenty of rough sleepers dossing in old shop doorways some of which, would refuse help if offered. we also have the organised gangs of eastern European beggars dropped off in the morning and picked up at night by their handlers

Common sense would tell you to reduce shop rent/rates, introduce free or cheap parking and to stop the war on the motorist trying to get to cities and towns to make them more competitive but we have idiots running the country and councils! - take a hit on taxation, regenerate the towns and peoples local pride and attitudes will improve, increase the local economy plus dissuade bad behaviours and the amount of low lives hanging around

Some councils have at least some sense, my local town, when the council offices moved, used their old car park as a free long stay car park right in the town centre, but then you get the poorer town next door that has done the opposite, taken away free car parking spaces just as they start renovating the town centre

Ironically it's the Tory one that has the free parking, which will wind up the Marxists on here no doubt

I hate to say this and disagree with nearly all 45 x 45 says but as a Plymouth resident I have to say that the City Centre is dying. The very top end is now 80% empty shops (where Thomas Cook used to be) Debenhams has gone, House of Fraser will be gone soon. The walkway between TK Max and Tesco metro is often busy with sleeping bag inhabiting beggars. Whoever designed an open plan shopping centre in one of the windiest and wettest cities in the SW needs some pretty severe corrective training.
I lived and worked there for years, now live in the outskirts of the South Hams. I visit the City Centre quite often. The Drake Circus complex seems to be thriving, and `i'd say it was at the Union Street end of Royal Parade that was dying. Can't say I've seen a lot of Lobby Dossers when living/working there, so maybe we've been visiting at different times.
The City Centre was designed by a Scot, Abercrombie, after WW2. He foresaw the tourist industry, and tried to get the City Fathers on board. He wanted Royal Parade to have another lane on each side, in anticipation of the Motorway finally reaching here. He lost out on his fourth lane, and now it's *ABC. The last I heard, eventually Royal Parade will only be open to buses, taxis and emergency vehicles.
*All Been Changed.

I think I've set foot in the city of Glasgow once in the last 2 years due to it becoming an ever increasing s*** hole in conjunction with covid lockdowns, increased inaccessibility for motorists etc.

what a surprise - not!

Sturgeon (and the welsh muppet) showboating again just to undercut BoJo to try to make themselves look 'strong', re-introducing working at home and demanding an 8 day lockdowns for anyone arriving into the UK. Meanwhile, England which wasn't worn masks since July, is statistically better then Scotland and Wales for Covid cases - therefore masks clearly have at best minimal and at worst an actual negative effect on catching covid and the early indications are that this new variant is actually less aggressive than the delta we already had here - easier to catch but less aggressive.

As usual sturgeon has jumped the gun and Scottish, pubs, restaurants, hotels and businesses - not to mention our crap nhs will be even more fecked!

what a surprise - not!

Sturgeon (and the welsh muppet) showboating again just to undercut BoJo to try to make themselves look 'strong', re-introducing working at home and demanding an 8 day lockdowns for anyone arriving into the UK. Meanwhile, England which wasn't worn masks since July, is statistically better then Scotland and Wales for Covid cases - therefore masks clearly have at best minimal and at worst an actual negative effect on catching covid and the early indications are that this new variant is actually less aggressive than the delta we already had here - easier to catch but less aggressive.

As usual sturgeon has jumped the gun and Scottish, pubs, restaurants, hotels and businesses - not to mention our crap nhs will be even more fecked!
Also when Boris announced travel restriction the bbc automatically had someone telling us it was the death knell for the industry,
Wee Stupid wants to go further but no one from the industry comments.

Blogg

LE
what a surprise - not!

Now just remind us, what was happening in Glasgow not that long ago...

Fat POM

War Hero
what a surprise - not!

Mrs FP is seething. I didn't know that she knew words like that. We must hope that she never catches up with Wee Nippie. We were booked to come back and visit family over Crimbo and New Year. If the 8 day thing sticks there's no point in travelling.
As Mrs FP sez, if the cases in Scotland aren't travel related why target travellers?

I await developments.

Now just remind us, what was happening in Glasgow not that long ago...

Nice to see our International Aid money being spent wisely!

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Also when Boris announced travel restriction the bbc automatically had someone telling us it was the death knell for the industry,
Wee Stupid wants to go further but no one from the industry comments.

who wants to go to Scotland?

who wants to go to Scotland?

Believe me, that can be a two way street.;)
Pun intended.
DEOK2QOH3PBJS7UZE0DE.jpg

Caught a few minutes of the chief mammy (as if) while making a coffee.
Does it ever stop talking crap? Also, who has upped her meds? She looks as if her intake of fugly pills has been trebled.

Latest Threads