Votes: 47 13.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 94 27.9%

• Total voters

syrup

LE

If you ever get the chance find the following

Look At Life Dustman's Day (1959) narrated by Sid James of Carry on Fame

It's a day round London with the dustbin crews.
After their round they go out to a landfill which is to be built on for a shopping centre

The dust wagon tips up and everything is buried

The film then cuts to Glasgow which IIRC Sid tells us is the most advanced city in Europe in it's ways of dealing with household and business waste

The dustcart reverse up and tip everything down a chute.
The chute leads onto a belt fitted with magnets which takes the metal cans etc out of the waste.
The cardboard is also pulled out
The cardboard and metal is baled up and sold on to merchants
The waste that is left goes go to the furnace
The heat from the furnace is used to power a couple of office blocks up the road

They were miles ahead of its time

Not sure what's happened to Glasgow now we were always a tidy city I remember the women in the close having a turn to do the stairs etc.
Ours and the Grandparents were always immaculate.
My mother used to say if you kissed cleaning your step you'd be the talk o the steamie

I don't normally wish ill on anyone but for her and Gerry Adams I always wish the worst possible outcome.

A bit harsh to compare the two, old chap. One is a manipulative, pathologically dishonest, greedy, vindictive sociopath with an obsessive hatred of the United Kingdom.

The other is Gerry Adams.

Last edited:
1631208884261.jpeg

She is guilty of startling hypocrisy but the cult will remain silent.

She is guilty of startling hypocrisy but the cult will remain silent.

It's as though they believe that the internet leaves no trace. And so eager are they to beat their virtual gums that they post any old tripe forgetting what they have said. But as you say she/he/it will not be held to any form of account that matters.

Truxx

LE
It's as though they believe that the internet leaves no trace. And so eager are they to beat their virtual gums that they post any old tripe forgetting what they have said. But as you say she/he/it will not be held to any form of account that matters.
I am becoming increasingly convinced that twitter in particular is becoming the go-to place for half wits.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am becoming increasingly convinced that twitter in particular is becoming the go-to place for half wits.
It is certainly the go-to area for digging up years old rubbish.

Scant consolation for football fans and podcast contributers who have uttered similarly poor taste comments and lost careers. Also interesting to note that dear leader Nic claimed last October that Godley was her 'alter ego'.

Ma wee pal from Glasgow, @janeygodley is one of the loveliest ladies on Twitter. What a laugh! #NicolasBookClub

Janey-Godley-Theyre-Not-Laughing-Now-732x1024.jpg

Editor’s Note: Janey Godley tried to get this removed from Twitter and said ‘she would send this to her lawyers’. She didn’t succeed (parody is exempt from copyright). Her efforts earned her The Majority’s ‘Thinnest Skinned Woman in Scotland Award’.

Add stirring in hate,and you have Esp 2 of 'Nazis a warning from history'

Careful, old chap. Polis Scotland will come down on you like a ton of rectangular building things for comparing St Nicola to Adolf's boys.

Latest Threads