• No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 32 9.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 46 13.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 94 28.5%

• Total voters
And Mr Dey’s rep added:

‘that he felt the union connectivity review was nothing more than a “blatant power grab”.’

Even when failure is there for all to witness and help is possibly on the horizon the SNP rhetoric kicks in. Yet, I’m sure if Boris gave the SG (SNP) cash to resolve the issue our FM would spend it elsewhere.

Surely for the amount of money spent on the unfinished vessels we could have bought second hand or even new from elsewhere.

None of this is real, we will wake up to find Scotland was the film set for ‘Idiocracy’.
Green pish is at the centre of this debacle - the ferries are not ‘normal’ they are ‘hybrid’ hence many of the delays and issues into trying to make them work - I believe they have large LNG gas tanks on board which soaks up a lot of cargo space and necessitates lots of safet features over and above a normally fuelled ship - yet another example of how people who think green is simple have zero clue on the costs and issues involved but go home at night congratulating themselves that they are a better person than everyone else

Last edited:
Green pish is at the centre of this debacle - the ferries are not ‘normal’ they are ‘hybrid’ hence many of the delays and issues into trying to make them work - I believe they have large PNG gas tanks on board which soaks up a lot of cargo space and necessitates lots of safet features over and above a normally fuelled ship - yet another example of how people who think green is simple have zero clue on the costs and issues involved but go home at night congratulating themselves that they are a better person than everyone else

The SNP writ large, in the face of all evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
Green pish is at the centre of this debacle - the ferries are not ‘normal’ they are ‘hybrid’ hence many of the delays and issues into trying to make them work - I believe they have large PNG gas tanks on board which soaks up a lot of cargo space and necessitates lots of safet features over and above a normally fuelled ship - yet another example of how people who think green is simple have zero clue on the costs and issues involved but go home at night congratulating themselves that they are a better person than everyone else
Like that Otto Benz, when he realised what a twat he'd been he jumped off a ferry.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That might work, and the high season addition, "Elizabeth II, Queen of Scotland".
In that case it would be "Elizabeth 1, Queen of Scotland" as Scotland has not had a QE before.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Pedantically yes, but only amongst the stupid.
Shirley it would be the stupid that believed Scotland has had 2 X QE!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
In that case it would be "Elizabeth 1, Queen of Scotland" as Scotland has not had a QE before.
Well technically as Queen of the United Kingdom she is the second . Elizabeth 1st was queen of England but she wasn’t the first Elizabeth. Everyone forgets Henry VII wife Elizabeth of York, who was also queen. Elizabeth Woodville wife of Edward IV I don’t believe was crowned. So it can be argued that Elizabeth is Elizabeth the III of England and that’s before you add in her mum who was referred to as as Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother and that’s why ISTR she’s Elizabeth II. So she’s probably IV and Second.

Would you know if there has been any success using such a system?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well technically as Queen of the United Kingdom she is the second . Elizabeth 1st was queen of England but she wasn’t the first Elizabeth. Everyone forgets Henry VII wife Elizabeth of York, who was also queen. Elizabeth Woodville wife of Edward IV I don’t believe was crowned. So it can be argued that Elizabeth is Elizabeth the III of England and that’s before you add in her mum who was referred to as as Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother and that’s why ISTR she’s Elizabeth II. So she’s probably IV and Second.
Sorry but you is wrong. Queen Consorts do not reign and do not have Regnal numbers. However, that is not where this discussion started, go up a few posts and read in.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
More to it than that, allegedly, this report is from Feb 2020:
And another (Dec 2020) on the technical challenges of dual-use (diesel/LNG) ships (however, "large PNG gas tanks on board which soaks up a lot of cargo space" should already have been "priced in" by now and should not be a major factor in the delays):

Last edited:
I wonder what the National plan to do with any information they receive about union branded Scottish products? Target the producer? Shame them publicly?

The problem with hybrid is which kind of system used

finally

The two that have caused the whole hullabaloo are bigger and ahem costlier due to the wrangling of those that should have known better.