Votes: 157 47.9%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 31 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 46 14.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 94 28.7%

• Total voters
I wonder what the National plan to do with any information they receive about union branded Scottish products? Target the producer? Shame them publicly?
The year of the Scot referendum when I was a bit further up the food distribution chain than I am now, I had an illuminating chat with a manager at Stewart’s of Tayside.( big soft fruit growers)
They had just been instructed by two of their supermarket clients , to stop packaging strawberries in packs emblazoned with a large saltire and the word Scottish, Instead the packaging had to say “ British produce with a small Brit flag.
This was because both firms had noticed down south ,product staying on the shelf as opposed to other British strawberries as the saltire was starting to be seen as a toxic brand with shoppers in the rest of the U.K.!
you have to be very careful when you prize the lid off that particular hate filled nationalist Pandora’s Box !.

Last edited:

syrup

LE
I know it's been a very long time, but I still struggle to get my head round putting a mask on to enter a bank or petrol station shop.

I Mentioned this the other week at a management meeting and used the words putting on a mask to enter a bank without a shotgun in my hands feels just wrong.

Two things seem to have emerged from it
They have no sense of humour
I think they may be carrying out some urgent back ground checks on me.

I wonder what the National plan to do with any information they receive about union branded Scottish products? Target the producer? Shame them publicly?

If I had to guess, they would try to get such Toooory products banned and replaced with those flagged by the benevolent EU who only have the best interests of the Scottish people in mind :)

Rab_C

LE
The year of the Scot referendum when I was a bit further up the food distribution chain than I am now, I had an illuminating chat with a manager at Stewart’s of Tayside.( big soft fruit growers)
They had just been instructed by two of their supermarket clients , to stop packaging strawberries in packs emblazoned with a large saltire and the word Scottish, Instead the packaging had to say “ British produce with a small Brit flag.
This was because both firms had noticed down south ,product staying on the shelf as opposed to other British strawberries as the saltire was starting to be seen as a toxic brand with shoppers in the rest of the U.K.!
you have to be very careful when you prize the lid off that particular hate filled nationalist Pandora’s Box !.
Given the option these days I will avoid anything with the Saltire on, what’s wrong with it being British?

Polyester

War Hero
Interesting. Stewart's of Tayside are also very local to me and I never even noticed that on their packaging.

Given the option these days I will avoid anything with the Saltire on, what’s wrong with it being British?
in the same way I try to avoid buying anything from the EU (and that includes thr Republic of Ireland) as much as possible ....every little helps

offog

LE
in the same way I try to avoid buying anything from the EU (and that includes thr Republic of Ireland) as much as possible ....every little helps
I was thinking that this morning as I used to see lots of beef with farmed in Ireland/ Britain on them. The wife being NI wouldn't buy anything with Southern Ireland on it as she didn't trust them.

I would think that the Irish farmers are not to pleased with the EU at the moment.

Must have a look at the ladling next time I'm out shopping.

Mufulira42

Old-Salt
I Mentioned this the other week at a management meeting and used the words putting on a mask to enter a bank without a shotgun in my hands feels just wrong.

Two things seem to have emerged from it
They have no sense of humour
I think they may be carrying out some urgent back ground checks on me.
ISRC in a lovely named suburb in Jo'burg, Sandringham ( SAffrica) a bank robber team emerged from an attempted bank hold up brandishing their firearms and were greeted by a volley of life-ending gunfire from the rank of idle taxi drivers awaiting fares but were seriously tooled up---just imagining London's famous old Austin Black cabs doing similar feats -- if for no other reason but to excite tourists!

ISRC in a lovely named suburb in Jo'burg, Sandringham ( SAffrica) a bank robber team emerged from an attempted bank hold up brandishing their firearms and were greeted by a volley of life-ending gunfire from the rank of idle taxi drivers awaiting fares but were seriously tooled up---just imagining London's famous old Austin Black cabs doing similar feats -- if for no other reason but to excite tourists!

Any of the cash recovered? :cool:

Cab fares shot up after that.

More fool them then as the UK Inquiry will be obliged be national and therefore will need to look at Scotland and Wales.

Not that the Jock headsheds will remember anything.
DrakeFord and Nikki, will both stand up in unison a say “that Nasty English Boris made us do stuff. We can’t remember details but it was England that forced these draconian measures and Boris didn’t know what to do …. Before we told him. “

Western Isles Council leader asks PM to intervene in the ferry saga.

Oh, the pleasure I would get if BoJo flew up and implemented something to help the islanders with a very large Union Jack and very blatant 'Curtesy of the UK' signage on it and completely bypassed Sturgeon! you can just imagine her wee bawheed nodding itself off! :) the very thought makes me feel a little naughty!

syrup

LE
Oh, the pleasure I would get if BoJo flew up and implemented something to help the islanders with a very large Union Jack and very blatant 'Curtesy of the UK' signage on it and completely bypassed Sturgeon! you can just imagine her wee bawheed nodding itself off! :) the very thought makes me feel a little naughty!

Remember when he had Boris bikes

Well now he could have Boris boats can you imagine her face if we started calling them after him

offog

LE
As resent events have shown they would not let it dock as it may be continued.

Western Isles Council leader asks PM to intervene in the ferry saga.
And Mr Dey’s rep added:

‘that he felt the union connectivity review was nothing more than a “blatant power grab”.’

Even when failure is there for all to witness and help is possibly on the horizon the SNP rhetoric kicks in. Yet, I’m sure if Boris gave the SG (SNP) cash to resolve the issue our FM would spend it elsewhere.

Surely for the amount of money spent on the unfinished vessels we could have bought second hand or even new from elsewhere.

None of this is real, we will wake up to find Scotland was the film set for ‘Idiocracy’.

Latest Threads