Votes: 157 47.9%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 31 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 46 14.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 94 28.7%

• Total voters
We have the bizarre situation of the UK BBC reporting on SNP "issues" at reasonable length, but BBC Scotland not even hinting. When the wheels come off the wagon it's going to be spectaular.
Ok - for those South of the border. Mrs Swinney, who is unfortunately a bit unwell at present, and I really, (no duff), wish no further bad times on her and their family./ But, she was a political reporter for BBC Scotland when she met Mr Swinney. It's not what you know, it's who you know springs to mind?

Scotland in the 21st Century...
1622811191834.png

Times article is paywalled: Activist Marion Millar charged with sending homophobic and transphobic tweets
so here are some others:
Woman is charged with malicious communication over 'transphobic' tweet
Graham Linehan has posted an account of the matter: Petition for Marion Millar

Scotland: 50-Year-Old Mother Charged With ‘Transphobic Hate Crime’ For Tweeting a Photo of a Suffragette Ribbon​

by Paul Joseph Watson

Feminist receives death threats from trans activists after police interrogation.
A 50-year-old mother in Scotland has been charged with a ‘transphobic hate crime’ and faces up to two years in prison after she retweeted an image of a suffragette ribbon.

Unhinged transgender activists targeted Marion Millar after ludicrously claiming that the ribbon represented a noose. The Scottish feminist drew their ire after campaigning to protect biological women’s spaces and right to express themselves.

“The messages investigated by officers are understood to include a retweeted photograph of a bow of ribbons in the green, white and purple colours of the Suffragettes, tied around a tree outside the Glasgow studio where a BBC soap opera is shot,” reports the Times.

Millar was forced to attend a 2 hour police interview and was subsequently charged under the Malicious Communications Act.

https://yournews.com/2021/06/04/214...ged-with-transphobic-hate-crime-for-tweeting/

Last edited:
Scotland in the 21st Century...
View attachment 578665
Times article is paywalled: Activist Marion Millar charged with sending homophobic and transphobic tweets
so here are some others:
Woman is charged with malicious communication over 'transphobic' tweet
Graham Linehan has posted an account of the matter: Petition for Marion Millar

Scotland: 50-Year-Old Mother Charged With ‘Transphobic Hate Crime’ For Tweeting a Photo of a Suffragette Ribbon​

by Paul Joseph Watson

Feminist receives death threats from trans activists after police interrogation.
A 50-year-old mother in Scotland has been charged with a ‘transphobic hate crime’ and faces up to two years in prison after she retweeted an image of a suffragette ribbon.

Unhinged transgender activists targeted Marion Millar after ludicrously claiming that the ribbon represented a noose. The Scottish feminist drew their ire after campaigning to protect biological women’s spaces and right to express themselves.

“The messages investigated by officers are understood to include a retweeted photograph of a bow of ribbons in the green, white and purple colours of the Suffragettes, tied around a tree outside the Glasgow studio where a BBC soap opera is shot,” reports the Times.

Millar was forced to attend a 2 hour police interview and was subsequently charged under the Malicious Communications Act.

Scotland: 50-Year-Old Mother Charged With ‘Transphobic Hate Crime’ For Tweeting a Photo of a Suffragette Ribbon – [your]NEWS

At least they're getting the important shit squared away.

Last edited:
That's it, exactly. This article, in The National of all places, is clearly using an outdated and offensive term and should be updated or expunged from history. Nicola Sturgeon turns 50: What her Mum has to say

How dare they use the M word! The Okay, so the article was 2020 but even so, they must have known what they had planned for 2021. "Person who gave birth"

My god they have gone all prophetic- no child of woman born shall..... make up yer own. Does mean the terms father or Parent now have to be cleansed?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

This is the Scotland that Sturgeon and her followers want for Freeeeeeeeddumm..

Let Scotland have its independence. I am now getting to the point where I await getting rid of them permanently.

This is the Scotland that Sturgeon and her followers want for Freeeeeeeeddumm..

Let Scotland have its independence. I am now getting to the point where I await getting rid of them permanently.
I’m disappointed you are siding with a party that uses hate and division as tools of influence. Clearly their modus operandi has worked on you and your supporters. The SNP cult are a minority propped up by plastic republicans. Check the mirror, the hate preachers might have turned you.
Eta ‘s’

Last edited:
Briefly had a chat with an old colleague, whilst at Motherwell who now works for an agency .
He tells me Turners ( who have a depot at Bickker from when they acquired Browns) Are deep in the Shit regarding drivers.
Their bean counters just regarded drivers as a cost to be driven down.
Thus a decade of pay cuts ( post 2008), combined with an embracing of Eastern European drivers of steadily decreasing competence or language ability.
Untill last year when, bang, COVID.
They lost a lot of the Europeans last autumn as when Brussels was laying it on with a trowel that Britain was “ plague island” , lots of their families insisted that they went home. And they haven’t come back.
Nick tells me the Bikker depot is 42 full time drivers short. They are advertising a £500 bonus for every driver who you bring in who stops for 60 shifts, with little success so far.
serves the chisellers right.!
ill stop the thread drift now...........sorry.
Edit as of yesterday they are 50 drivers down.
and this is a widespread phenomenon.
So any jocks with a class one , Head south young man.( just not to Turners who pay little better than minimum wage, might be better at their sectarian paradise at Lark hall though).

reading this, and ignoring the bits about the pending trials etc , should the person making these racist statements not have been charged with a hate crime of some sort

after all , If (and it's never going to happen) I am sitting in my house with my extended family , at christmas dinner ,and I says something with Pa**i or Ni**er, and my granddaughter was to tell her friend , who told her teacher , I am damn sure I would quickly be invited to the local constabulary for a little chat without coffee

I am outraged , but as it was in Dundee, so I am not surprised

Latest Threads