Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicola Sturgeon - whither the SNP

Is Sturgeon's time as First Minister of Scotland coming to an end

• Yes - she is dooomed

Votes: 114 46.5%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • Don't know

Votes: 34 13.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 73 29.8%

• Total voters
I wasn't joking about any of it.
Neither was I!! Very few of my fellow Scots could go into the detail I've posted here, and other threads, where our true fight for Independence was required, Well, not without the help of their googlefoo. When I post, ref Scot/Eng wars, it's from a far distant *memory. I was interested in it. I used to attend the ABC matinees on a Saturday morning. It puzzled my tiny mind regarding all the made up cowboy and Indian films shown. Where were all the films showing our true heritage? It was mind boggling in it's richness and diversity. Realised later, it was a question of money after the war. Our film industry did pick up without doing many historical ones, when they did have the money. We then get lumbered with that twats brainchild, brave fur king heart. It really got right up my fur king nose. Good example of the underdog fighting against the odds and eventually succeeding. Not to be for The Wallace, but his death started us on the road to recovery. A true inspiration of a man portrayed by a clown. That's what the SNP supporters don't get.

I wasn't joking about what I'm near sure I heard a politico from HoC say, ref not just Scotland to decide it's future. Quite happy to be corrected if I misheard it.

*Before any of you cheeky sods jump in, NO I was not an eye witness to said events. ;)

Neither was I!! Very few of my fellow Scots could go into the detail I've posted here, and other threads, where our true fight for Independence was required, Well, not without the help of their googlefoo. When I post, ref Scot/Eng wars, it's from a far distant *memory. I was interested in it. I used to attend the ABC matinees on a Saturday morning. It puzzled my tiny mind regarding all the made up cowboy and Indian films shown. Where were all the films showing our true heritage? It was mind boggling in it's richness and diversity. Realised later, it was a question of money after the war. Our film industry did pick up without doing many historical ones, when they did have the money. We then get lumbered with that twats brainchild, brave fur king heart. It really got right up my fur king nose. Good example of the underdog fighting against the odds and eventually succeeding. Not to be for The Wallace, but his death started us on the road to recovery. A true inspiration of a man portrayed by a clown. That's what the SNP supporters don't get.

I wasn't joking about what I'm near sure I heard a politico from HoC say, ref not just Scotland to decide it's future. Quite happy to be corrected if I misheard it.

*Before any of you cheeky sods jump in, NO I was not an eye witness to said events. ;)
Post war you had David Niven, Play the young pretender in a flop of a film. A few years later Uncle Walt got the Argylls fresh from Korea to play both clan Gregor Vs the redcoats (with R Todd as the clan chief)
Then Kidnapped rounded off the Historical scotch film, remade a decade later with a bit more realism.

Scotland as seen by Hollywood was always wet sunny and mige free.

When that nice American lady Jessica Lange played Mary Macgregor her one complaint was the mige bites everywhere.

DSJ

LE
She does seem to be the teflon Krankie, so no idea how many scandals it will take to prise her loose

I don't think anything external will prise her from office.

It'll ultimately have to be a coup from within.

Agree. Especially for penetration.
1611354940808.png

Nae horny in this ane

I don't think anything external will prise her from office.

It'll ultimately have to be a coup from within.
"and gets nowhere near the grief from the media that Boris does. Imagine if Boris had tried to instigate one question and no follow ups. Would have been carnage."

Both are indicative of the same issue:
Sturgeon has done all of the Scottish C19 briefs. She has no depth to her government and/or does not trust anyone. Boris, like him or loathe him, has put other ministers on the podium at the 1700 briefs. This shows the public that he trusts others to do the right thing AND that they will put in the performance he requires/expects.

She performs well, IMHO - but there is no cabinet in the public view.

Latest Threads