• Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Where is the £600.00 scot.ref money then? Did WoS get it right, was it used to pay back the Weirs?
I think it was £600,000 rather than £600.00, fella.

STV are being taken to court. They are giving Salmond's Alba party a showing but not Galloway's Alliance4Unity.

1617739343506.png

Meanwhile, where is the money?

http://search.electoralcommission.org.uk/Api/Accounts/Documents/20553

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Where is the £600.00 scot.ref money then? Did WoS get it right, was it used to pay back the Weirs?
Just read the WoS article on this. Words come to mind which rhyme with "clucking bell". If the article's correct (and whilst he's definitely running on his own special little railway timetable, the Reverend doesn't strike me as dishonest or badly informed), how can these chancers have got away with these blatantly criminal acts for so long?

To answer my own question... as the article says, the only way you could get away with this would be to have the head of the Scottish justice organisation as a member of the cabinet reporting directly to the First Minister.....

Thanks you toxic peice of shit, No doubt hoping.to kill off more no voters, let's not do testing and possibly locate outbreaks/clusters early on.View attachment 563105

Sorry mate, I totally disagree that self testing twice a week is a valid or useful activity. when the majority of vulnerable people have been vaccinated and the virus is so negligible for the vast amount of young fit and healthy people

1. I am not going to do it, end of - my nurse relatives throats are red raw from the constant testing and I gag when anything gets shoved up my nose/throat
2. even if work 'forces' me to do it, I wont be doing it properly and millions of citizens will be no different to me
3. the false positive rate makes it a complete waste of time plus a trace of a previous infection which is completely non infectious will distort the result
4. Covid is here to stay for ever - having been vaccinated I can still catch Covid but the symptoms should now either be non existent or negligible
5. Bearing in mind 4. we will never ever achieve Covid zero and its a fools errand, particularly when international travel exposes us to new variants
6. the panic merchants will merely use this as another tool in their arsenal to lock us down constantly
7. People die, no one has a right to eternal life and zero risk and its not the govts job to try to make that happen - if you want to protect yourself then lock yourself away but dont hold back the rest of the country in your fear
8. Too many people are already suffering severely with mental, physical, medical and financial issues at a time when only a tiny amount of covid illnesses and deaths are occurring and the good weather severely reduces the potency of the virus - by the way it will re-emerge in the late autumn so we might as well take advantage of this natural lull
9. as UK plc we are pissing away our competitive advantage over every other country given by the vaccine programme and every single hour of every single day is further destroying our economy and recovery
10. Lastly, the question we all have to ask is 'and then what?' - what follows on from this test programme? what are the outcomes? what next? - serious question, WTF is the strategy and how conceivably does that help us. when we cannot do anything more than we are now

I detest and hate Sturgeon with every breath in my body but on this one she is correct to not sign up to this completely bollocks idea

HE117

LE
Reading between the lines..

I suspect that someone has spent a fair bit on setting up the testing infrastructure.. (mostly under pressure from the media to "do something") and is now sitting on a pile of expensive, time limited resources that are rapidly diminishing in value or relevance..

So, rather than bung them in landfill to become a huge political landmine that someone could touch off in the future, why not hand the stuff out like sweeties? It may not actually achieve much clinically, but it makes it slightly harder to be accused of wasting resources..? It is a bit like hosing off the unpacked ammo at the end of an operation.. (eg my avatar!)

The real culprits in this are of course the media and the chattering classes who insisted that "something had to be done" and lacked the patience and courage to sit it out until the vaccine came along.. this was always going to cost treasure, however we seem to be quite bad about being honest about it!

I would suggest that this is a situation where we just have to suck it up.. in the end we did win, but it may have been achieved at a greater fiscal cost than that which was needed.. tough, wars are seldom efficient, and in many way this is as it should be..!

.. or am I being too cynical?

Truxx

LE
Sorry mate, I totally disagree that self testing twice a week is a valid or useful activity. when the majority of vulnerable people have been vaccinated and the virus is so negligible for the vast amount of young fit and healthy people

1. I am not going to do it, end of - my nurse relatives throats are red raw from the constant testing and I gag when anything gets shoved up my nose/throat
2. even if work 'forces' me to do it, I wont be doing it properly and millions of citizens will be no different to me
3. the false positive rate makes it a complete waste of time plus a trace of a previous infection which is completely non infectious will distort the result
4. Covid is here to stay for ever - having been vaccinated I can still catch Covid but the symptoms should now either be non existent or negligible
5. Bearing in mind 4. we will never ever achieve Covid zero and its a fools errand, particularly when international travel exposes us to new variants
6. the panic merchants will merely use this as another tool in their arsenal to lock us down constantly
7. People die, no one has a right to eternal life and zero risk and its not the govts job to try to make that happen - if you want to protect yourself then lock yourself away but dont hold back the rest of the country in your fear
8. Too many people are already suffering severely with mental, physical, medical and financial issues at a time when only a tiny amount of covid illnesses and deaths are occurring and the good weather severely reduces the potency of the virus - by the way it will re-emerge in the late autumn so we might as well take advantage of this natural lull
9. as UK plc we are pissing away our competitive advantage over every other country given by the vaccine programme and every single hour of every single day is further destroying our economy and recovery
10. Lastly, the question we all have to ask is 'and then what?' - what follows on from this test programme? what are the outcomes? what next? - serious question, WTF is the strategy and how conceivably does that help us. when we cannot do anything more than we are now

I detest and hate Sturgeon with every breath in my body but on this one she is correct to not sign up to this completely bollocks idea
My granddaughter and all her school are self testing at least twice a week.

She declares it to be no biggie.

But has she been told its all a gigantic conspiracy?

Arse_Bandit

Old-Salt

Ditto, I took part in the first 2 weeks of testing when the kids went back, it's surprisingly easy to do a 1000 kids in a day which was done on Mondays & Thursdays, because I did that I was notified that you could already order kits for anyone in the houshold or childcare bubble.
Needless to say after doing an average of 40 tests a shift I'm a bit of a dab hand now and indeed it's "no biggie".
I'd agree with most others that I'm not entirely sure of any real benefits to mass testing, but if they were to hand out these tests free to pubs etc. to make the re-opening easier I'd see that as a political win...

Also maybe provide the kits free at airports to lower the extra costs associated with travelling?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

My wife works in a special needs school, where they've been testing all the spackers and mongs with very little drama for several months (Special needs schools were open and widely attended throughout all the lockdowns, as the kids are by definition "at risk" of whatever). It appears that what your long list of justifications for not wanting a cotton bud up your nose boils down to, is you're more special than a Downie.

My wife works in a special needs school, where they've been testing all the spackers and mongs with very little drama for several months (Special needs schools were open and widely attended throughout all the lockdowns, as the kids are by definition "at risk" of whatever). It appears that what your long list of justifications for not wanting a cotton bud up your nose boils down to, is you're more special than a Downie.

My missus does similar work when she's not at Uni, and has to do a lateral flow Covid test before she turns up for work, can't have the spackers at risk of getting Covid etc

You're obviously well informed on the matter. So where's the 600k, gone?
I mean only an utter prick would answer in the manner you did without knowing the answer.
As per my previous. The part faithful don't care how corrupt the SNP or the Murrells are. They don't care if they've been conned. They dont care if everyone in Scotland will be massively worse off financially. They dont care about trading London for Brussels.

It's all about independence, about hating the English, hating tories. Nothing else matters to them in their bitter twisted minds.

They are, quite honestly, utterly insane and will be the ruin of this country.

Latest Threads