Votes: 155 49.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
I suppose it comes down to how folk regard themselves once qualified in certain professions.

I know of various medical type folk who are still regarded as a doctor or a dentist even though they no longer practice.

FiL was a PF, still called himself a lawyer up until he died some 26 years after retirement,
I always thought that PF’s were the ones not good enough to be effective defence solicitors :grin:......

On Scottish cuisine - if it’s yellow its good. I think it was Hardeep Singh Kohli who described black pudding as a giant scab (I know it’s not yellow but the chippy will fix that).
It’s a shame the SNP rejected him as a candidate just because of his seedy behaviour.

In 2016 the SNP spent £1,465,542 on the elections (Holyrood 19/1/17).

In 2021 the SNP say they plan to spend £2,100,000 (Express 21/2/21).

Where is the money coming from?

The SNP NEC has committed £600,000 for preparations and they have allocated a further £1,500,000 for the launch.

How much money is in the SNP coffers?

£272,000 in assets according to WoS (20/2/20), the Express (12/2/21) report: The latest accounts published by the SNP for 2019/2020 show that the party has just under £97,000 cash in hand.

@Seadog is right its not going to be raised by £1 subs and the great march.
They have got the begging bowls out via crowd fund me nice to see the one of the local MSPs can't even be arsed to do it himself but get his wife to do it for him.

As for the election campaign I'd remind people to return their leaflets for reissue back to their HQ in an envelope sans a stamp since most don't like big Lizz and we don't want to offend them

In 2016 the SNP spent £1,465,542 on the elections (Holyrood 19/1/17).

In 2021 the SNP say they plan to spend £2,100,000 (Express 21/2/21).

The SNP NEC has committed £600,000 for preparations and they have allocated a further £1,500,000 for the launch.

How much money is in the SNP coffers?

£272,000 in assets according to WoS (20/2/20), the Express (12/2/21) report: The latest accounts published by the SNP for 2019/2020 show that the party has just under £97,000 cash in hand.

@Seadog is right its not going to be raised by £1 subs and the great march.
Not to forget the running total, so far, from the Big Lotto Win Weir clan is around 5.5 millions since 2011 in various slices.
FatMan Weir is deid ......but left some loose change ( £900,000) in his Will as a Wee Nipster pressy.

syrup

LE
Not to forget the running total, so far, from the Big Lotto Win Weir clan is around 5.5 millions since 2011 in various slices.
FatMan Weir is deid ......but left some loose change ( £900,000) in his Will as a Wee Nipster pressy.

Do the family of Sir Sean Connery still drop a monthly stipend in now's he's gone.
Nobody loves independence more than those who don't have to live there

Diogenes' limp

Old-Salt
When the bucket is passed around at the 'All Under One Dobber' marches with 250 000 [aye right] proud true Scots taking part, the total collected is £2.15 in coppers, a button, a 16mm spring washer and a used heroin syringe with jaggy needle attached. Tight Jock clichés aside, those sporrans are just for show, the tight bastards.

About this spring washer........................................................................

may be more useful than you are giving it credit for when the electorate are being screwed

Do the family of Sir Sean Connery still drop a monthly stipend in now's he's gone.
Nobody loves independence more than those who don't have to live there
Don’t mention Sean’s money - they might have to return it now he has been revealed as an alleged beater and abuser.

Ev4Hh1GXMAoAJ1E.jpg

Prime candidate to be thrown under the Bus to take the heat off NS ?problem is she possibly knows too much.

Last edited:
Prime candidate to be thrown under the Bus to take the heat off NS ?problem is she possibly knows too much.

Doesn't that lady actually work for the Cabinet Secretary who is head of the Home Civil Service? If there is a problem wouldn't she ultimately raise it with the Cabinet Secretary for him to investigate? Whitehall investigating Holyrood?? Now that really would be popcorn time.

First of a few, Murrell will have to go and the I think Swinney will have to take one for team Nicola before long, possibly coinciding with the release of the education review.

Latest Threads