Votes: 156 48.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 31 9.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 45 13.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 92 28.4%

• Total voters
I would disagree with regards to my own HB. Admittedly, it's required a LOT of work and forcing bits of software to do things they were never intended to do but clinical staff now have a one stop shop for the things you've listed above.
Wot? Car spares??

The analysis on the 5 o'clock radio Scotland news was that it supported the FM position as allegedly she was duty bound to follow the AG's advice.
So give us your take on the latest release (late on A Friday night lol) of legal advice where the QC accuses the SG of ignoring his advice and the IO on oath “forgetting” about a meeting with a complainant the day before she complained. I mean there is sleeze and there is the SNP!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There is a ban on sports events allowing the public in so in turn the number of events has fallen to an extent. What we need is a gladiatorial contest which can be viewed on the box in the comfort of our homes. No quarter given and no wimpy announcements that some viewers may be offended - FFS that is why we would tune in!

Anyhoo, the two contestants would be Saint Nicola (pbuh) and Beelzebub Alex with Andrew Neil as referee. Bell sounds, game on and the last one standing wins. No external lawyers or SPADs allowed, doors locked and cameras running. What could beat it for a good Saturday night?

That would make for some prime time viewing!

There is a ban on sports events allowing the public in so in turn the number of events has fallen to an extent. What we need is a gladiatorial contest which can be viewed on the box in the comfort of our homes. No quarter given and no wimpy announcements that some viewers may be offended - FFS that is why we would tune in!

Anyhoo, the two contestants would be Saint Nicola (pbuh) and Beelzebub Alex with Andrew Neil as referee. Bell sounds, game on and the last one standing wins. No external lawyers or SPADs allowed, doors locked and cameras running. What could beat it for a good Saturday night?

That would make for some prime time viewing!

Just don't make it naked mud wrestling, it could be rather off putting

For my sins now working in the Business Intelligence/IT side of the SNHS. My bold - abso-feckin-lutely. 14 Health Boards up here, all separate fiefdoms when it comes to IT systems and they can't talk to each other. Even for those boards who use the "same" systems, they're all configured differently so still can't communicate. I refer here to my large bold.

Then there's the "15th Board" - see my bold italicized. Public Health Scotland, staffed at senior level by mostly middle aged women (at least I think they are, as that annoying pronoun pish is in most of their email signature blocks, so it's she/they, he/it, her/us brain-bleed-causing crap while you try to work out who or what you'll be talking to that day, and watching your pronouns in case you offend someone enough to end up in HR-pokey)

PHS are the middle-man person between boards and Scot Gov, and by christ don't they feel the need to tell you that every chance they get. Even though most "requests" originate from AO civil serpents who are based somewhere near Holyrood, by the time the request has gone via PHS, to Board Chief execs, filtered down through the labyrinthine layers of Super Senior Managers, Senior Managers, Public Health Consultants, Edie on the WRVS coffee trolley, it'll end up on my desk. Usually with one day left to deadline, even though it left Holyrood 4 weeks ago.

Sorry...Boris, grrrrrr
Looks familiar....

Old and Grumpy

Old-Salt
Just don't make it naked mud wrestling, it could be rather off putting
yeah - just a little - would drive a man to drink...
1615024429530.png

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So give us your take on the latest release (late on A Friday night lol) of legal advice where the QC accuses the SG of ignoring his advice and the IO on oath “forgetting” about a meeting with a complainant the day before she complained. I mean there is sleeze and there is the SNP!

I thought that the fact that ScotGov had ignored legal advice was already well established.

I thought that the fact that ScotGov had ignored legal advice was already well established.

I think the remaining question is motivation, I suspect that is the most relevant part to the Scottish electorate

As far as I can tell the split is about even between those who believe Nicola when she says it was of good intent aomboned with error versus those who believe it was a malicious atempt to make sure Salmond was no threat to her anymore.

Evidence so far suggests malicious political motive to me.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It looks like Westminster has finally started to understand how to defeat Sturgeon and her Scottish Nazi Party Stormtroopers - beat them at their own game! when they put up an EU rag then the UK puts up a Union Jack with actual cash directed into Scottish communities where it is needed and not into the SNP campaign coffers - genius!!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think the remaining question is motivation, I suspect that is the most relevant part to the Scottish electorate

As far as I can tell the split is about even between those who believe Nicola when she says it was of good intent aomboned with error versus those who believe it was a malicious atempt to make sure Salmond was no threat to her anymore.

Evidence so far suggests malicious political motive to me.

The difficulty is that folk are seeing this very much in black and white where there's no doubt a fair degree of grey.

There's no doubt incompetence combined with political shenanigans

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No, St Nic said that they did not ignore legal advice. So that's it.

The difficulty is that folk are seeing this very much in black and white where there's no doubt a fair degree of grey.

Initially I had hoped that this would be sufficient to oust Sturgeon, I think she is dishonest, corrupt and bad for Scotland.
However the reality is it doesn't need to be enough to kill her off, it just needs to be enough to reduce the SNP's voteshare.
Active input from the UK government in Scotland will help but the SNP is not a success story for Scotland and Scotland would be far better off if they had less power.

Contrary to popular opinion from some, my interest is less in seeing the SNP fail and more of wishing to see Scotland succeed. Sturgeon and the SNP will not make a success of Scotland, they've had years to do so and have simply made a hash of it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

I think you are being exceedingly kind and lenient to Sturgeon and her female cabal.

Latest Threads