Votes: 156 48.4%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 31 9.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 45 14.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 90 28.0%

• Total voters
Such technology has yet to reach Cornwall. Mind you, we're still burning witches for entertainment...
Way back in the 1700's, or thereabouts, Scotland once more was a centre of excellence. They came from all over Europe to be instructed in furthering their knowledge, to all who would listen. Some didn't, and it would seem today some still don't pay heed. We were the world leaders in outing....

witches!!

Such technology has yet to reach Cornwall. Mind you, we're still burning witches for entertainment...

Not all Witches deserve to be burned.

This one, for example, should be punished with a rigorous spanking. :)

Scarlet_Witch_Wanda-Age_Of_Ultron.jpg

Anyway, IT and your observations. Do you have any insight to SNHS management and connectivity? My recent experience as a patient shows that it is lacking in user friendly ‘cross health board’ compatibility.
Whilst sitting with consultants in Dumfries, Glasgow, Edinburgh and my own GP I’m quietly amused as they curse trying to move around the system.
Is the SNHS IT also dominated by <IT ignorant> females or is it just a load of expensive patches to shoe it in?
For my sins now working in the Business Intelligence/IT side of the SNHS. My bold - abso-feckin-lutely. 14 Health Boards up here, all separate fiefdoms when it comes to IT systems and they can't talk to each other. Even for those boards who use the "same" systems, they're all configured differently so still can't communicate. I refer here to my large bold.

Then there's the "15th Board" - see my bold italicized. Public Health Scotland, staffed at senior level by mostly middle aged women (at least I think they are, as that annoying pronoun pish is in most of their email signature blocks, so it's she/they, he/it, her/us brain-bleed-causing crap while you try to work out who or what you'll be talking to that day, and watching your pronouns in case you offend someone enough to end up in HR-pokey)

PHS are the middle-man person between boards and Scot Gov, and by christ don't they feel the need to tell you that every chance they get. Even though most "requests" originate from AO civil serpents who are based somewhere near Holyrood, by the time the request has gone via PHS, to Board Chief execs, filtered down through the labyrinthine layers of Super Senior Managers, Senior Managers, Public Health Consultants, Edie on the WRVS coffee trolley, it'll end up on my desk. Usually with one day left to deadline, even though it left Holyrood 4 weeks ago.

Sorry...Boris, grrrrrr

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
For my sins now working in the Business Intelligence/IT side of the SNHS. My bold - abso-feckin-lutely. 14 Health Boards up here, all separate fiefdoms when it comes to IT systems and they can't talk to each other. Even for those boards who use the "same" systems, they're all configured differently so still can't communicate. I refer here to my large bold.

Then there's the "15th Board" - see my bold italicized. Public Health Scotland, staffed at senior level by mostly middle aged women (at least I think they are, as that annoying pronoun pish is in most of their email signature blocks, so it's she/they, he/it, her/us brain-bleed-causing crap while you try to work out who or what you'll be talking to that day, and watching your pronouns in case you offend someone enough to end up in HR-pokey)

PHS are the middle-man person between boards and Scot Gov, and by christ don't they feel the need to tell you that every chance they get. Even though most "requests" originate from AO civil serpents who are based somewhere near Holyrood, by the time the request has gone via PHS, to Board Chief execs, filtered down through the labyrinthine layers of Super Senior Managers, Senior Managers, Public Health Consultants, Edie on the WRVS coffee trolley, it'll end up on my desk. Usually with one day left to deadline, even though it left Holyrood 4 weeks ago.

Sorry...Boris, grrrrrr

It's 21 health boards.

The 14 geographical ones and 7 Special boards.

Special are
Ambulance
Blood transfusion
NES
Healthcare improvements
National Services
Waiting time centre (Golden Jubilee)
State Hospital (Carstairs)

Public Health seems to have become a something else, an agency.

The problem with it being speeded up that much is you can't see the fish being thrown to the performing seal over Krankie's shoulder
That's shagger Gibson our local MSP a sack of sleeze held together by a suit
Foundy guilty of this
Top SNP MSP in secret landlord probe after whistleblower alerts ethics watchdog

Local party branch in special measures now

Union Jack

Old-Salt
IF the Scottish press are on their game (groan) this will be extremely damaging to the cocky little madam.
Despite all this damning information there was nothing at all on the late night BBC Scottish News or on the BBC News website..... Unlike some, they clearly "don't like it up 'em" and appear to be running scared of the, ahem, "cocky little madam" and her motley crew.:rolleyes:

Jack

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And I thought my name and DOB could be entered into any authorised NHS monitor and all my medical history would appear. I suppose it works if you are born, live and die in the same region that has all the health facilities - Lothian for instance, central belt grr.
Not that I want to cause an uproar, and maybe for a separate thread, would this be an area for privatisation? I'm sure if insurance companies had a stake in SNHS the IT would be 'joined up'.
Is NHS England also a clusterfcuk do you know?

The closest to that is the Key Information Summary.

But requires population by the GP and patient consent.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Despite all this damning information there was nothing at all on the late night BBC Scottish News or on the BBC News website..... Unlike some, they clearly "don't like it up 'em" and appear to be running scared of the, ahem, "cocky little madam" and her motley crew.:rolleyes:

Jack

The analysis on the 5 o'clock radio Scotland news was that it supported the FM position as allegedly she was duty bound to follow the AG's advice.

and watching your pronouns in case you offend someone enough to end up in HR-pokey)
by the time the request has gone via PHS, to Board Chief execs, filtered down through the labyrinthine layers of Super Senior Managers, Senior Managers, Public Health Consultants, Edie on the WRVS coffee trolley, it'll end up on my desk. Usually with one day left to deadline, even though it left Holyrood 4 weeks ago.
A descriptive insight into a ‘day in the life of Business Intelligence/IT PHS’. Thanks for your input - watch out for that HR-pokey, you don’t know who or what is in there with you.

Yes but they are in the U.K. Parliament
We all know that. The gnats think otherwise.

not the playhouse at the bottom of the mile so ultimately should be working on U.K.
The operative word.

UK issues as well as their own.
As before, conflict of interests. They, the hard core gnats, are not in the slightest bit interested in the UK. What part of Scottish Nationalist Party are you struggling with? The UK only enters their minds in respect of being shot of it.

Sorry...Boris, grrrrrr
Again. Why do you think the efforts between the individual HBs are the most successful when it comes to integration? As soon as anybody at national level touches anything, it turns to dogshit.

The difficulty with Scottish politics at present is that it has become so highly polarised, it is no longer like/dislike, it has evolved into love/hate.

No, the difficulty with Scottish politics is that the the Government are not judged by either a) their policies, and b) their achievement of those policies.

Were it so, the SNP would have been out on their ear a long, long time ago.

Polyester

War Hero
The analysis on the 5 o'clock radio Scotland news was that it supported the FM position as allegedly she was duty bound to follow the AG's advice.
I heard that too. I couldn’t make sense of their (BBC) analysis. The SG clearly went against the advocates advice. It’s in black and white. Unless I have missed something? Happy to be put right.

Roddy is Dean of faculty and an extremely competent advocate. If the SG had listened to him instead of pursuing a vindictive political and personal vendetta at public cost (+ subsequent housekeeping) we wouldn’t be where we are now.

The hypocrisy of the FM and Deputy FM is damaging to their office and they should both go.

Latest Threads