Votes: 155 49.1%
  • No - this is just a storm in a tea cup

Votes: 30 9.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 43 13.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 88 27.8%

• Total voters
So all the "Boris Grrrr" posts whenever anybody tries to raise anything even remotely critical of him or the current Government are just aberrations.

Rather like the polls showing him in front are valid, but any showing the SNP doing well, arent.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You could start an entire thread on NHS IT allowing health boards not being able to talk to each other. Thankfully in my own little corner of the organisation we've made significant progress with this. It's mainly down to us having "legacy" systems (i.e. 1990's) for a lot of stuff and each individual HB using different types of software to do the same job. Often, these systems are either completely incapable of talking to each other or require an interface (translator) which invariably comes with an obscene £ value in front of it.

Even internal IT systems do not speak to each other.

Hospitals are still on paper records.

GPs are on one system, dental another, labs another, radiographs yet another

It hasn’t gone by unnoticed. Hopefully the more enlightened female voter will have noted the complete disregard for the accusers in the Salmond debacle. The rest of her followers are already believing she has suffered personal grief in fighting the case against male abusers.

Anyway, IT and your observations. Do you have any insight to SNHS management and connectivity? My recent experience as a patient shows that it is lacking in user friendly ‘cross health board’ compatibility.
Whilst sitting with consultants in Dumfries, Glasgow, Edinburgh and my own GP I’m quietly amused as they curse trying to move around the system.
Is the SNHS IT also dominated by females or is it just a load of expensive patches to shoe it in?

IT is an irrelevance in Healthcare - CIOs and Heads of IT are powerless. The only area they have any influence is security of data.

Scottish NHS is pursuing national programmes across the 14 Boards. They have been on with it for 4 years and it has delivered sweet FA. Funnily the committee overseeing it is chaired by a woman. She's quite fit as well - based in Edinburgh. She's a CEO.

FD for Scottish Government for the NHS? A woman until a few months ago when she stepped down. Her replacement doesnt respond to emails.

Scottish NHS is a complete clusterfcuk. An utter shambles

It hasn’t gone by unnoticed. Hopefully the more enlightened female voter will have noted the complete disregard for the accusers in the Salmond debacle. The rest of her followers are already believing she has suffered personal grief in fighting the case against male abusers.
Interestingly, having discussed this with a friend who very much dislikes Scottish Nationalism yesterday; he told me that a lot of his wife’s friends (all intelligent apparently), were very much of the opinion “poor Nicola” and “I’ll sleep better knowing the likes of Alex Salmond won’t come back to politics, she’s so dignified, great etc” - so from that point a lot of people, particularly women and haven’t paid much attention to the going’s on would just go for what Nicoliar says simply because she’s a woman (apparently......).

Sturgeon is playing the wimmins card. She's unassailable.

You lot should spent some time having a route around the senior jobs in Scottish Public Services - you will find a surprisingly high percentage of them are held by wimmin. Scottish Local Government IT used to be bad - it was run by the jock wimmins mafia across the 32 Boroughs. They were all useless as well. You go to the Scottish CIPFA annual events and its a complete wimmins club. Nicola has played the wimmins card. She will me there in May next year

Time for you blokes to start playing the trans card then.

hqdefault.jpg

giatttt

War Hero
Sturgeon is playing the wimmins card. She's unassailable.

You lot should spent some time having a route around the senior jobs in Scottish Public Services - you will find a surprisingly high percentage of them are held by wimmin. Scottish Local Government IT used to be bad - it was run by the jock wimmins mafia across the 32 Boroughs. They were all useless as well. You go to the Scottish CIPFA annual events and its a complete wimmins club. Nicola has played the wimmins card. She will me there in May next year
I've noticed that Nicola seems to surround herself with women of a certain age and build, and I've always suspected that they prefer comfortable shoes.

Given some of the shrieking about #metoo and #blm it's not a very diverse or inclusive look.

I've noticed that Nicola seems to surround herself with women of a certain age and build, and I've always suspected that they prefer comfortable shoes.

Given some of the shrieking about #metoo and #blm it's not a very diverse or inclusive look.

The other thing that's odd is when I get up there and go to dinners, all the blokes wear dresses as well.

Its really weird

IT is an irrelevance in Healthcare - CIOs and Heads of IT are powerless. The only area they have any influence is security of data.

Scottish NHS is pursuing national programmes across the 14 Boards. They have been on with it for 4 years and it has delivered sweet FA. Funnily the committee overseeing it is chaired by a woman. She's quite fit as well - based in Edinburgh. She's a CEO.

FD for Scottish Government for the NHS? A woman until a few months ago when she stepped down. Her replacement doesnt respond to emails.

Scottish NHS is a complete clusterfcuk. An utter shambles
I would argue that it only turns into a cake and arse party when National Services get involved. In my particular corner of the NHS there is push to have a national service approach. It's gone down like a lead balloon with the individual HBs as it was quickly apparent that the main driver appeared to be a desire from some to be head of a national service.

[drift]

and yet . . . the DVLA . . . MoT testing centers . . . the whole auto insurance industry . . . independent auto spares "factors" . . . and, the Police . . . all use/access the same system !! ;) .

[/drift]

Last edited:

I would disagree with regards to my own HB. Admittedly, it's required a LOT of work and forcing bits of software to do things they were never intended to do but clinical staff now have a one stop shop for the things you've listed above.

Interestingly, having discussed this with a friend who very much dislikes Scottish Nationalism yesterday; he told me that a lot of his wife’s friends (all intelligent apparently), were very much of the opinion “poor Nicola” and “I’ll sleep better knowing the likes of Alex Salmond won’t come back to politics, she’s so dignified, great etc” - so from that point a lot of people, particularly women and haven’t paid much attention to the going’s on would just go for what Nicoliar says simply because she’s a woman (apparently......).
Almost as if that was the intention....

Niamac

GCM
The difficulty with Scottish politics at present is that it has become so highly polarised, it is no longer like/dislike, it has evolved into love/hate.

The middle ground has been eaten up by the rhetoric of both sides of the Indy debate.
Perhaps that's a media driven perception. Certainly given the choice I would vote to be free of the ramshackle and corrupt government in Westminister (no personalities quoted).

On the other hand I do not think much of the Scottish government's performance the latest being of course the very poor handling of the Salmond misbehaviour. (I know he was not found guilty of any criminal offence but by his own admission he behaved inappropriately)

HCL

LE
It may well be that my viewpoint is skewed due to the political threads I follow on here are primarily Scottish ones, This is mainly a time factor!

The difficulty with Scottish politics at present is that it has become so highly polarised, it is no longer like/dislike, it has evolved into love/hate.

The middle ground has been eaten up by the rhetoric of both sides of the Indy debate.

This is where SLab are failing, they are still trying to fight a left wing v right battle in an environment where the alignment is now Yes/No.

As such, those who love Strugeon, really really love her, those who hate her, really, really hate her.

And those who hate her currently include both Unionists and the Pro Salmond Indy Now side of the SNP.

Revolutions always eat their children. Here's hoping.

Edit crap spelling

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I would disagree with regards to my own HB. Admittedly, it's required a LOT of work and forcing bits of software to do things they were never intended to do but clinical staff now have a one stop shop for the things you've listed above.

I can access the likes of SCI store to see lab tests, PACS/Vue for radiographs but I need to log in to each system separately.
If you have the required log in. Requests for those are currently sitting at 14 weeks.

It may well be that my viewpoint is skewed due to the political threads I follow on here are primarily Scottish ones, This is mainly a time factor!

This is where SLab are failing, they are still trying to fight a left wing v right battle in an environment where the alignment is now Yes/No.

As such, those who love Strugeon, really really love her, those who hate her, really, really hate her.

And those who hate her currently include both Unionists and the Pro Salmond Indy Now side of the SNP.
Yep, agree to a great extent. Personally my politics are grounded in Labour when they were true to their beliefs instead of whichever faction was in favour at the time and they had politicians that really knew and identified with the people they served and what affected them. Despite that I voted SNP when first emigrating to Scotland from England :) as SLAB were even worse than the main Labour Party and SCUP were lost. Now it appears SLAB may be starting to get back to where they should be, even if main Labour aren't, I'm still not about to vote for them as they haven't done anywhere near enough to convince me yet so SCUP will still get my vote as a protest as it won't change a thing in the grand scheme of things.

As for actual Scottish politics, for all it appears to be all-consuming, independence is little more than a deflection from the issues involved with running the country, something the SNP have proved themselves incapable of doing both under Salmond and even more so under Sturgeon. Whoever runs the country I want a party, or potentially a coalition (Lab/Con?) to get on with the business they are getting paid very well for.

Erinon

Old-Salt
[drift]

and yet . . . the DVLA . . . MoT testing centers . . . the whole auto insurance industry . . . independent auto spares "factors" . . . and, the Police . . . all use/access the same system !! ;) .

[/drift]
Not quite the whole auto insurance industry but certainly the vast majority.

Probably the best we can hope for is nobody in overall control, everybody watching their own backs whilst trying to stab everyone else in theirs. Hopefully/possibly/highly unlikely, they may at least work together after a fashion.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Here is a wee laugh you can have over the weekend - ask your friendly ScotNat this question:
"Putting independence to one side, what has the SNP done for Scotland".

The answers, if you get any, should be a hoot.

Latest Threads